PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving at WDW

Eyore's Wife
06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Has anyone ever gone to WDW at Thanksgiving? We are planning to arrive at WDW on 11/16 or 17 and we are trying to decide if we should leave before Thanksgiving or go ahead and stay until Saturday. Will the parks be very, very crowded on Thanksgiving day and the day after? I would love to hear from someone who's "been there and done that." I haven't made our reservations yet, but I'm afraid if I wait too much longer the resorts will be booked. Thanks.

Strmchsr
06-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, the parks are quite crowded Thanksgiving Day through the weekend. They're actually fairly crowded (though not unbearably so) the entire week leading up to Thanksgiving, and have become increasingly more crowded the week after Thanksgiving. That said, if it's your vacation time, just hit the really important stuff early in the week then use fastpass and move at a slower pace later in the week.

faline
06-14-2007, 04:51 AM
I've only been through Thanksgiving once and that is quite some time ago. Yes, the parks are crowded that weekend!

mousetrapper
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
We're going that week too...staying all the way through Sat - Sat.

We are gearing up for crowds later in the week, especially at MK, so we will pack in as much prior to turkey day then do whatever we can the rest of the time. We are, however, being so bold as to have ADRs at Liberty Tree Tavern on turkey day!!

I'm hoping all the talk of crowds that week will keep some people away! :secret:

But I'm sure it will be great no matter what!

DisneyAddict62
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
That's our time to go! Yes, it is pretty crowded, but use your fastpasses, and take your time to enjoy the Christmas decorations. It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving at all!

Eyore's Wife
06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks so much for all your responses. We are definitely planning to go and stay through Saturday. We will follow your advice, stay calm, take our time, and use the fastpass system on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And, avoid the Magic Kingdom! I think we may try to get tickets for the MVMCP and do Magic Kingdom that way.