PDA

View Full Version : Disneymooners Dine Like Royalty For 8 Days - ALFREDOS

poeticeclipse
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
This was a last minute reservation for us. We had all of our other ADRs months in advance but this one just came up because we didn't want to eat CS one night. So, we got some ressies for 2 hours after we made them at the Pop Century concierge desk.

After booking our booties back to the Italy pavillion, we saw a long line outside of Alfredo's. We weren't sure what the line was for. Walk-ups or ADRs? After someone behind us came up and asked the people in front of us what the line was for, we discovered that we needed to go inside and check in. Once we got it together, we were seated within 5 minutes.

Cute restaurant! Very italian and very fun. Our server came out and introduced himself. Now, i'm pretty good at figuring out what people say when they have a different accent (I work in a bank) but, with this guy, I found myself looking across the table at my husband and making the :confused: face. I got a glass of water and Matt got a glass of wine which the server suggested to go with his choice of dinner. Sadly, Matt really didn't like the wine and just had to force it down. I didn't care for it much either otherwise I would have no problem taking it off of his hands.:secret:

We asked our waiter about one of the appetizers and if it was prepared with meat. He replied "yes, it is." So, we settled on a salad. A few minutes later, our salads came with what else on top... bacon. Now, you would think that the waiter would tell us that there was bacon on top. Guess it was our fault for not looking the salad over on the menu. Suppose we can take the blame for that one. For entrees, Matt ordered some kind of pasta with tomatoes (no idea of the name) and I got the basic fettucini alfredo. We didn't have to wait very long to get our food. After Matt's first bite, he commented that there wasn't enough sauce on the pasta and that the pasta itself didn't seem cooked enough. He ate it just because he's not a complainer when it comes to waitstaff. My fettucini was.... okay. I guess i'm just used to my good old Olive Garden alfredo. The cheese was somewhat thicker than I would have liked. Dessert was an interesting experience. This is the part that I wished I would have researched more before going. Our waiter brought a platter full of desserts to our table and because we got very used to getting free dessert everywhere we went, we thanked him and told him what we wanted. He said he'd bring it out in just a moment. After 10 minutes he brought the mediocre treats out and we didn't even end up finishing them because they weren't all that great. Let's just say that we got a little extra treat on our bill at the end of the meal. Now, we realize that this was our fault. I just wish that the waiter would have explained to us that he was offering us something, not giving it. We payed and left thinking "i'm still hungry."

4/10

January-2007
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
So I take it you're not on the list of patrons crying over the close of this restaurant then, eh? :secret: We've never been, but have read many a review like yours. Sorry you didn't like it, at least you got to try it for yourselves. Thanks for the review.

poeticeclipse
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
So I take it you're not on the list of patrons crying over the close of this restaurant then, eh? :secret: We've never been, but have read many a review like yours. Sorry you didn't like it, at least you got to try it for yourselves. Thanks for the review.

Yeah, we figured that we could at least try it before it was gone. Well, we did and we're okay with it leaving. haha.

Hammer
06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Stacey,

I can't remember but were you and Matt on the Dining Plan? I have never been a real fan of Alfredo's. My sister's pasta dish last time we ate there had the exact opposite problem of Matt's as it was too heavily sauced. This is a good example of one of the main problems with Alfredo's: the food quality was inconsistent.

tinksmom02
06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Were you on the Dining Plan? If so, were there different desserts available for DP people?? :blush:

SBETigg
06-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Alfredo's isn't a favorite of ours, either. It's too bad it wasn't the best for you.

I have to say that when we honeymooned in WDW back in the stone ages (okay only 17 years ago), they didn't have wedding ears and we had no idea about wedding buttons. We got through our entire honeymoon with only one free dessert. At the GF Cafe, the waiter figured out it was our honeymoon and brought us a whole pie. They did leave some nice treats in our room at the GF, too. But it's so great they have the ears now and recognize your special time. It's fun to read about the special treats!