PDA

View Full Version : Honeymooners Dine Like Royalty for 8 Days - SCI-FI

poeticeclipse
06-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll cut right to the chase with this review. Matt loves Sci-Fi while I think that it's full of overpriced burgers and shakes in a really fun setting. We were seated almost right away and after being seated behind a family with children, we regretted not asking for our own car. There were many cars open and being a honeymoon couple, we thought that we'd get one to ourselves. Oh well, way to not pay attention Sci-Fi people.

We knew we were going to pay out of pocket for this one since we didn't need to waste one table service credit on crummy burgers and fries(okay, I say crummy, Matt says yummy). We decided to share spinach and artichoke dip. Last year when we had this I remember thinking "Applebees has better." This visit was no different. The cheeses didn't seem to work well together and you could tell that they had it pre-made and it was sitting under a heat lamp. So, we got our soy burgers a little while later and they were just as we expected. Okay, but nothing great. To be honest, I like the soy burgers better at the food court at Pop Century. I was more enchanted with taking silly videos of my husband. No dessert for us. Nothing special was given us. Just a very blah experience. Probably won't be returning.

6/10

kaerbear178
06-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I went last year for my birthday, didn't really care for it either. I thought it was a cute concept but it could be done better. The food was just ok for the both of us but I do remember liking our shakes. Anyway, thanks for all the reports, I'm enjoying reading them.

bleukarma
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I really like reading your reports! Thanks for them!!! :mickey:

I agree with Sci-Fi, but the one thing I actually like there is the Spinach dip! hehe

Sharon1026
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Ate lunch at sci fi on our last visit. Had a reuben. It was good. DH liked his burger. DS liked his, too. Overpriced? Yes, all food at Disney is to some extent. Not a special lunch, but it was fun.

We sat in the back under an umbrella. I like that better than the cars, personally.

As for special treatment for being honeymooners/anniversary/birthdays - so many people celebrate occasions at the parks I think it's a bit much to think that you will get special treatment. If that were the case, then half the park would be getting "a special table". After all, aren't we all celebrating something by being there?

SBETigg
06-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry about Sci-Fi not being the greatest. We're going there (oop) to please the teens on our next trip.

I can tell you're still getting used to the novelty of calling him your husband-- that's so sweet! I remember those days. :)

poeticeclipse
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I can tell you're still getting used to the novelty of calling him your husband-- that's so sweet! I remember those days. :)

Oh yeah! When we were at WDW I would be talking to people and if Matt wasn't around I'd say "my husband" and it just sounded so funny. I love it. It's such an honor ot be able to say it. hehehe!:)

January-2007
06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry you didn't like Sci Fi, it's one of our favorite places. I hate to say it but I think maybe you're expecting too much... When we honeymooned in WDW in January we didn't get all the cool special treatment you all did, but we still enjoyed what was around us. We've never been given our own car, I don't think they would do that, they always want to fill up the back seats. I hope you have better luck at the rest of your restaurants! I've enjoyed reading the reports.

poeticeclipse
06-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Sorry you didn't like Sci Fi, it's one of our favorite places. I hate to say it but I think maybe you're expecting too much... When we honeymooned in WDW in January we didn't get all the cool special treatment you all did, but we still enjoyed what was around us. We've never been given our own car, I don't think they would do that, they always want to fill up the back seats. I hope you have better luck at the rest of your restaurants! I've enjoyed reading the reports.

To be honest, I think that we did expect a bit more since some places went above and beyond. Gosh, we sound snobby. haha. Well, it was just odd because last year they gave us our own car and they were packed that visit. It's not a big deal really. Guess we just excepted more at the time which was silly of us.

pixiegoose
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
We ate at Sci Fi on our honeymoon last July and weren't impressed either. The food was blah, as was the service, and the place was absolutely freeeeeezing. I was practically curled up in a ball while shivering. The atmosphere was fun but I don't think we'll be heading back there anytime soon.