PDA

View Full Version : car seats

mia_minnie07
06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I have a question ?? if you have rented a car and also a toddler car seat wht car seat do they give you a good one or something you find in the grocery store with a plastic hard seat. I have to rent a car seat and someone told me they are cheap and plastic plese help leaving tomorrow ..

AZ Disney
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
We've rented with several different rental car companies and really have never been satisfied with the rented car seat - just as you described. In addition, on several occasions we've had to wait for an extended period of time while they looked for one. We had one experience with my Dad (Hertz Gold Member) and the car was ready and seat already installed (nicer seat too), but that was just because of my Dad's status since he travels all the time. We now bring our own as it really isn't a hassle and it does save money. We check it at the gate, and have it as soon as we exit the plane.
Good Luck.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
We bring our own too. We also use it on the plane.

The one time we used one from the rental place it was horrendous. Never again. I am sure there are places that have nicer ones, it is just our preference to have our own for our kids.

Minniemouse27
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
We also always bring our own and use it on the plane.

The upsides to this are that you know the quirks of your seat and your child w/ feel more comfortable in it as well.

I've heard LOTS of reports of damaged, dirty, recalled and inappropriate (ie need a rear facing and only combination seats are available) seats from rental agencies. I wouldn't chance my child's safety w/ one of them.

crazypoohbear
06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
I would be leary of using a rental car seat for a number of reasons.
Top being safety, you don't know if it has been involved in an accident or recalled.
2) you don't know if it has been cleaned.
3) you don't know if any other child has had "accidents" in the car seat :sick:
With the way germs are spread I just wouldn't take the chance on vacation.
4) your child will most likely be more comfortable in their own seat:)