PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Dinning Question

Belle619
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi all,
We'll be at DLR for two days during our honeymooon in October and I really want it to be special, not only because it is our honeymoon, but also because it is my fiance's first time at Disneyland!

First, is Steakhouse 55 worth the money or should we go to another place (and if so, where?) And I know I'm getting my ADR days mixed up - it is 60 days out for ADRs at Disneyland, correct?

Thanks for the help! :mickey:

BelleBeauty
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Blue Bayou is incredibly romantic. Club 33 is the ultimate dining experience in the park. It is a private club, so I'm not sure how you go about making an ADR. I would ask the CM you speak to about it, and see if you have to get in touch with someone else to get a reservation. Being that it is your honeymoon, I would think they would help you.

tinkwest
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Priority Seating arrangements for dining at the Disneyland Resort may be made up to 60 days in advance. (714-781-3463).

Unless things have changed very recently the only restaurant not available for PS is Rainforest Café. You must call them directly. Club 33 is a members only establishment and not available to the general public.

I think Steakhouse 55 would be nice for a special honeymoon dinner. It is a very quiet, relaxing restaurant experience.

While Blue Bayou is also nice there is more of a hustle & bustle feeling to it, being as it is inside Disneyland with families using it as a meal between rides.

If you are more interested in a Japanese style dinner you might want to consider Yamabuki at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Never a crowd.

Disneyluvr2
06-13-2007, 11:48 PM
YES! Setakhouse 55 IS worth the money!!! GREAT food and like tinkwest said, very quiet and relaxing.:thumbsup:

Belle619
06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Great - thank you all for the advice!

ChipDale
06-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Steakhouse 55 is my favorite restaurant. :) Wonderful elegant atmosphere and terrific food! Try them for breakfast too. (Reservations are recommended for dinner, but not necessarily for breakfast.)

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
My first choice based on atmosphere, romance, price and food would have to be the Balcony at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The food is great and reasonably priced, but if you get a reservation on the balcony during the fireworks... let me tell you it was the most romantic diner I have ever had in my life! The balcony is very small, I think there was only two tables and it was very private, and the view of the fireworks was great.

My second choice based on Food alone is Napa Rosa at the Grand Californian Hotel, it is a truly great dining experience, the food is so good and a nice romantic atmosphere. It is very pricey but worth every single penny.

If I was looking to eat in the Disneyland Park itself than I would say Blue Bayou, and in California Adventure the Wine Country Trattoria.

autumn
07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
the vineyard room (upstairs, not on the ground level) at the golden vine winery is first class fabulous. we went there on our anniversary and had a four-course meal with wine pairings (there is also a five-course meal). it was unbelieveable. they even brought out a little something special that was compliments of the chef. quiet, gorgeous, and a sensual (as in involving all five senses) experience. my highest recommendations.

SebastiansDisneyMama
07-10-2007, 07:12 AM
My first choice based on atmosphere, romance, price and food would have to be the Balcony at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The food is great and reasonably priced, but if you get a reservation on the balcony during the fireworks... let me tell you it was the most romantic diner I have ever had in my life! The balcony is very small, I think there was only two tables and it was very private, and the view of the fireworks was great.

My second choice based on Food alone is Napa Rosa at the Grand Californian Hotel, it is a truly great dining experience, the food is so good and a nice romantic atmosphere. It is very pricey but worth every single penny.

If I was looking to eat in the Disneyland Park itself than I would say Blue Bayou, and in California Adventure the Wine Country Trattoria.

I agree with you 100% couldn't have said it better my self!

4littleboys
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I also say The Vinyard Room. I have dined at Club 33 (and yes - it is a members only place) and the food at the Vinyard Room blew Club 33's food away. It would be on my top 5 best meals of all time!