PDA

View Full Version : Justin Verlander - No Hitter!!

alphamommy
06-13-2007, 09:13 AM
What a great game! As usually happens, there were some great plays behind the pitcher that secured the No Hitter. He had 4 walks, including one in the top of the 8th that led to a dynamite double play.

I haven't had goose bumps watching Tiger baseball in a long time!

emfleck
06-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I agree, what a great game! Go Tigers! :cheer: Go Justin! :baseball:

Juggalotus
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
His pitches were absolutely DISGUSTING last night. He had everything breaking a little bit, and his breaking balls breaking a lot. Unfortunately I only caught the 8th and 9th, but it was fun to watch. I just wish I could be home at noon to catch the replay on FSD.

tshlw
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I know it was awesome. You think early on maybe he could do it and than you are like naw it won't happen. There was a couple of great plays behind him like Ordenez's catch and the double play. I got teary eyed after it was over.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

BrerSchultzy
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I went to college with Sean Casey (yeah...I have lots of stories...and yes, he IS that good a guy)...and a friend of mine called me up to tell me that Sean had thrown a no-hitter (they don't follow baseball too closely). I laughed, then watched the replay of the celebration...he was the second one there (after the catcher), and it did look like HE was the one who threw it.

But man...Detroit has something special in Verlander. Sick stuff...someone on the ESPN boards said he had the fastball of Nolan Ryan, and the breaking ball of Bert Blyleven (only 10 mph faster!). And he's your NUMBER 2?!?!?!

Wow. Congrats Detroit!

Nascfan
06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
From a long-time Tigers fan....

WAY TO GO JUSTIN!

Jacova
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Anyone else think that Verlander looks a lot like Matthew Fox from Lost? :tasty:

Anyhoo...congrats to Justin and the Tigers!

TiggerRPh
06-14-2007, 12:54 AM
:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls: