PDA

View Full Version : The Shutterbugs (Day 3, Part 2)

Tinkerbell627
06-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Previously on the Shutterbugs:
Kelvin, Cindy and Sam (The Evil Trio) decided to part ways from Karen and Rob (the Daring Duo) at the Magic Kindom before tackling EMH at Epcot.
Will they survive?
Maybe...

And now our feature presentation.

It's dusk.
Well, almost.
A well rested Party-of-Five took the Walk-to-the-Bus-Stop and then boarded the Bus-of-Annoying-Spiels to Epcot's-Extra-Magic-Hour.
So many things awaited them and so many questions ran through their heads.
"Will there be tourist cattle?"
"Will my camera batteries last the entire evening?"
"When are we going to eat?"
Once at Epcot and once they got their fashionable EMH bracelets they all decided that Spaceship Earth was their next destination. Kelvin, distracted by his camera and then caught in a stray herd of tourist cattle, was left behind when everyone else boarded. (See my new segment, Storytime with Sam, for more details.)
After the SE fiasco, it was then decided that the hunger pains in their stomachs were not going to go away and the situation must be handled. The solution was obvious... sort of.
Fish n' Chips.
So it was off to jolly ole England. What was first the "Quest for Fish n' Chips" became the "Quest for a Place to Sit Down and Eat". They found a seat in France, out of all places, to eat their English fish n' chips. Blasphemous!
Sam needed some time to herself (and some time to sneak in a ride on Test Track) while Cindy, Kelvin, Rob and Karen (the Fantastic Four) took in the atmosphere at World Showcase. (Actually, it was more Karen and Cindy watch their husbands try to take night shots on their cameras.)
Sam, nearly paralyzed by the site of the line for Soarin' stumbled onto the non-existent line for Living with the Land. After her nap, she decided to head towards Test Track and get into the Single Riders line, which is meant to be faster, but really isn't. The ride also had an obligatory "technical difficulty" so by the time she was off the ride, Illuminations was over and time for her to meet back up with the Fantastic Four was way overdue.
Kelvin, Karen and Rob wanted margaritas.
Sam and Cindy wanted... I don't know.
Hoping that the Illuminations crowd was still distracted, Cindy took Sam over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends where they hopped on a Clam-whatevertheheckitscalled and ended up in a nearly-empty Seabase Alpha. Kelvin, Karen and Rob went on "Mission: Margarita", but failed so they went back to headquarters...er... Old Key West.
A surprisingly enjoyable ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour concluded the evening for Cindy and Sam and once again, they were back on the Bus-of-Annoying-Spiels heading to their Kinda-Hard-but-Still-Comfy-Beds.

And now Thoughts of the Evening with Yours Truly!
Hello all and welcome to a special episode of Thoughts of the Day. Half the day, but twice as fun!
I would like to further address the issue of Tourist Cattle. Yes, my favorite subject. Not too bad in Epcot. The herd was larger, it seemed, in World Showcase more so than Future World, which surprised me. It also seems that in Future World most the Crowd Cows grouped at Soarin' and Test Track. Mission: Space only had a 20 minute. If I enjoyed the sensation of spinning myself around in an office chair and then being locked in a dark cupboard, I would of taken advantage of the short wait, but frankly, that feeling isn't so pleasant for me, so I skipped M:S for the time being.
Single Rider line didn't seem worth it to me, but the line for Test Track is very slow as is, so it might just be that. I wouldn't recommend it but if you can't stand being not being in the shortest line possible, go for it.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends: cute. Very cute...
I actually liked the Gran Fiesta Tour. Maybe it was the exhaustion speaking, but I've always loved the Tree Caballeros. The ride needed some refurb. Now, if only they would do something about Innoventions...

And now I give you the premier of:
Storytime with Sam! More like anecdotes since I won't be putting it in story form, but Storytime with Sam sounds better than Anecdotes with Sam.
So anyway, my dad (Kel) got left behind when we were walking up the queue for Spaceship because he was distracted with taking pictures and messing with exposure and flash and who knows what. So we get into the ride vehicle and we're making our way around before ascending into the ride, and we wait and wait, and still don't see him. Right before we're about to disappear from sight of the loading platform, he comes in. He somehow manages to get a picture of the four us, and then turns around and runs right into a group of like eight people. It was a mini- Tourist Cattle Stampede. I guess it was one of those moments where you had to be there, but we were laughing our heads off. Well, Karen, Cindy and Rob were laughing, I was just shaking my head. Once we all got off the ride, we waited for him to get off, and sure enough, there he was in a vehicle all by his lonesome... messing around with his camera.

The preview for the next episode is on part 1 of this episode, but next week, I will try something new. There will be the regular story, and then I will translate it into:
Smiley-Vision.
I know I'm limited with the number of smileys I can use, but I just want to see if I can do it. Just for kicks.

Stay tuned.

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Great report. I still can't wait to see all these pictures I keep reading about.

Tinkerbell627
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
^hmm.. yeah... pictures.
Still trying to sort through them all and get them imported. I'm going to try to have them up by the final report.

Bethis26fan
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a great night. Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-13-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm not a big fan of the new spiels on the buses either.

Bethanymouse
06-13-2007, 07:19 AM
I am so glad that you are all having so much fun! I had to smile about that thing with your dad and the camera! Too funny- I can so picture that! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

January-2007
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
If I enjoyed the sensation of spinning myself around in an office chair and then being locked in a dark cupboard, I would of taken advantage of the short wait, but frankly, that feeling isn't so pleasant for me, so I skipped M:S for the time being.

:rotfl: That's hilarious. We liked The Gran Fiesta Tour as well. Thanks for the report, as always, a very fun read!

thejens
06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
You are too funny. I am enjoying your reports.

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 12:35 AM
U Ah So Funny!!

iheartmickey
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Another GREAT report .... sounds like so much fun! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Great evening in Epcot. But you are still making me hingry and now I am dreaming of Fish and Chips! :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks for sharing !

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Great report, thanks for sharing:mickey::thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
07-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Enjoying your reports!