PDA

View Full Version : Pizzafari? Not If you're a Kid! Speak to the Lead.

Goes4FastPass
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
This past weekend we went to Pizzafari at AK. My niece loves pizza and we really enjoyed Pizzafari last year.

Guess what's not on the child's menu now at Pizzafari? Pizza. Kids can choose a quesadilla or PB&J.

The pizzas at Pizzafari are 'personal size' so my wife offered to order one and give it to my niece.

"Wait a minute." I said then turned to the cashier, "I'd like to speak to the lead for this location."

"I'll be your lead." she answered, "How can I help you?"

"Please tell whoever is in charge of such decisions that having a pizza restaurant in a Disney park with no pizza on the children's menu is completely ridiculous."

"I can offer your child's a meal consisting of a personal size pizza and a child's beverage at the children's meal price but the meal would not include a dessert."

"That would be great! Thanks." and we enjoyed our lunch.

I've always read, at WDW, if something is not right, the best approach is to give the "lead" (Disney-speak for front-line supervisor, the "team leader") the opportunity to fix it immediately. That seemed to work in this case...

...but am I nuts for expecting some form of pizza to be on the kids menu at Pizzafari?

mrsgaribaldi
06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think that having pizza on the kids menu is a nutty request at all:mickey:
What a strange thing for Disney to have done:confused:

biodtl
06-12-2007, 03:38 PM
That makes no sense at all!

January-2007
06-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, it's funny to have the name Pizza in the title of the restaurant and not offer kids a pizza choice. Glad you got it though, I'm sure your niece was happy!

llamaface
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
That is definitely one of the oddest things I have ever heard. They should consider changing the name then. The one and only time we were going to try Pizzafari, we made it to right inside the front door and noticed a very bad smell - you know the one - :sick::ack:. Apparently someone didn't take too well to one of the rides. Now, unfortunately, everytime I walk into that restaurant, I imagine I smell that smell and I can't eat there!

grumpycajun
06-12-2007, 05:12 PM
You said it... ridiculous!:confused:

Ian
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm sure this is part of Disney's new efforts to parent our kids for us.

Can't have them eating pizza ... it's unhealthy. :rolleyes:

CaptSmee
06-12-2007, 06:25 PM
That makes no sense at all!

I thought the pizza at this place was awful when we ate there a few years ago...crazy that a pizza place doesn't have it on the kid's menu though!:confused:

disneyfan369
06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
That is pretty odd. Why would they do that?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
:confused: That is strange.

TiggerRPh
06-13-2007, 01:09 AM

Oh don't get me started on the "healthy" kids menus....they are the least kid friendly kids menu I've ever seen at any restaurants.

:mad::mad:

Natazu
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
A little off topic, but Pizzafari has the best snack plan option around, the fresh cheesy breadsticks with marinara, mmmm carbs.

Tinkerfreak
06-13-2007, 07:55 AM
I was upset by this also in Dec. when we went and there was no pizza on the kids menu. When I spoke up to the cm and said "are you kidding me? She can't get pizza at a pizza place?" The cm never offered to let her have pizza. We ended up paying oop for her pizza. I thought it was the stupidest thing. That is like not having pasta on the kids menu at an Italian restaurant. Disney let me (her mother) decide if she can have pizza or not. I am responsible for her eating healthy not you. Yes please offer healthy options because my kids do like to eat healthy most of the time but offer pizza also.

big blue and hairy
06-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Gotta agree, no pizza on the Pizzafari kids menu, pretty dumb...

:offtopic:
Ian...why the name change, are you not feeling so Wacky any more?

:sulley:

wildernesslady
06-13-2007, 08:40 AM
When we were there in March, we were able to get a personal pizza, drink, and dessert with the dining plan for our child meal. I did have to ask for it though. I also felt it was the strangest thing not having pizza on the childs menu.

Lynn J Mc
06-13-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't think it is about "parenting" as every sit down restaurant at Disney now has pizza as the first entree listed and has a nice picture of it on the menu. in the words of my niece "they have pizza everywhere" I explained she could get something else and she said "but when I see the picture I WANT IT."

Goes4FastPass
06-13-2007, 09:45 AM
This is not about WDW's concern for kid's health, it's simply about cost control. It's one thing to offer pizza (again and again) at TS restaurants but the personal pizzas don't fit the pricing structure Disney has placed around their CS kid's meals - especially with the DDP.

My suggestion is they should offer children pizza but a smaller portion - half a personal pizza? A smaller personal pizza?

After I've gone to all of the WDW expense leading up to walking through the door of Pizzafari - lodging at the resort, DDP purchase, park tickets - I don't expect them to haggle over the cost of a child's serving of pizza - especially when you consider what that serving actually costs them to make and serve.

BrerSchultzy
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
To add to the ridiculous Child's Dining Dilemma...did you know that the "Entrees" for kids at Pinnochio's Village Haus are Mac & Cheese or PB&J...ENTREES...as in MAIN COURSES. Meanwhile, parents walk around with these great looking pizzas....

I'm sorry...DDP for kids is a complete joke. I mean, those menus aren't there to promote better health...Mac & Cheese does not sound like a "Healthy" option to me. It's entirely because of the DDP.

Cinderelley
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry...DDP for kids is a complete joke. I mean, those menus aren't there to promote better health...Mac & Cheese does not sound like a "Healthy" option to me. It's entirely because of the DDP.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kids can choose a quesadilla or PB&J.

I'm sure a quesadilla (all cheese and tortilla) is soooo much healthier than pizza.:rolleyes:

dixielandings
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, it definitely seems as though they've taken the menu changes a bit too far. I've not done the DDP yet (we have the DDE card - it's awesome and might be enough motivation for us to either move to Orlando or at least keep renewing our APs) but this is the reason I've never been interested - less freedom and a more complicated way of deciding what everyone's going to eat. I like the old ways - when if you wanted to eat it, you had to pay for it. Much simpler. Call me old-fashioned.

jennbunn
06-13-2007, 03:02 PM
the kids choices are awful at most cs places. becasue of this i will not use ddp. i mean how do you tell a 5 year old at a pizza place sorry but you have to have pb&j while the rest of us have yummy pizza ?:( that would not go over well with my son.

elmjimmlm
06-14-2007, 08:30 PM

But how is pb&j healthier than a pizza...Its vacation...even they have to live a little.