PDA

View Full Version : The Shutterbugs (Day 3)

Tinkerbell627
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Previously on The Shutterbugs:
"We're not going to make it!"
"Back off, tourist cattle!"
"Yay! We survived!"
"Dang, my memory card is full...again"

And now our feature presentation

It was another early morning for the Shutterbugs. They were on their way to experience something they've never experienced. The glorious, the magnificent, the divine...
TONGA TOAST!
And it was everything they had ever dreamed of. Well, it was everything Cindy, Sam and Karen ever dreamed of. Rob and Kelvin stuck to bacon and eggs.
Ninnies.
Once they were full, the Party of Five caught the monorail and took it to Magic Kingdom just shortly after rope drop. The park was already filled up with tourist cattle, but it didn't seem as daunting and horrifying as the Animal Kingdom crowd. The Disney gods blessed the group with a five minute wait for Pirates of the Caribbean. Karen was also new to the latest refurbishment and was pleasantly surprised. Their day was off to a great start.
After their voyage into the Caribbean, the group took a nostalgic trip into the Haunted Mansion and said goodbye before it closed for refurb. While Rob and Kelvin (the Grumpy Old Men) hung back to take pictures of Frontierland, Karen, Cindy and Sam (the Three Muchachas) took a ride on Splash Mountain before Sam parted to explore Tomorrowland on her own. Karen, Cindy, Rob and Kelvin rode the Mark Twain and viewed the Hall of Presidents.
But before Sam could reach Tomorrowland, she had a challenge:
Battle the Tourist Cattle [of Fantasyland]
or
Crusade Against the Evil Dolls.
She chose the Crusade.
Ah... It's a Small World. You either love it or hate it. Sam hated it but she needed to get away from the cows..ahem..crowds.
The horror from IASW took away from the horror of tourist cattle, so getting through Fantasyland didn't seem too bad. Actually, the crowds in Tomorrowland were worse, but an escape on the TTA made things much better as well as a spin of the Carousel of Progress. She got FastPasses from Space Mountain for herself and Cindy and then met up with Cindy and Kelvin after another round of TTA goodness.
Once together, they made the decision to go back into Fantasyland to see Mickey's Philharmagic. By the time they were finished and by the time they restored Cattle Crusading Strength with a smoothie, the time for Space Mountain rolled around, and soon enough, Cindy and Sam were being hurdled through inner-space.
The Evil Trio (Buffy the Vampire Slayer reference) that were Cindy, Kelvin and Sam, then decided to go back to the room for a much needed rest before they tackled Epcot's Extra Magic Hour.

Muahaha! Cliff-hanger. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to run out of space in this post. I've done it before.

And now...
Thoughts of the [Half] Day with Yours Truly

Yes, this was another bad day for the Battle of the Tourist Cattle. However, there were times where lines were surprisingly short. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, IASW, Mickey's Philharmagic were pretty short waits and Splash Mountain wasn't bad either. And as always, couple rides on the TTA made everything better.
And I must discuss the Tonga Toast. It was our first time at the Kona Cafe and we chose it because we hear such great things about it from you guys! I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I really enjoyed it. The meal was perfect, our waitress was really great, and Tonga Toast is really photogenic. (Yes, we took pictures of the Tonga Toast).
And speaking of pictures, we are still importing them and getting them organized. We're at about 2,100 and we're still waiting for Rob's. Hopefully, I'll get them up on my Webshots page by the end of the week.

Coming up on The Shutterbugs (for Day 3, not EMH)
Sam: "I wish I were a Jedi..."
Kelvin: "Do you think Darth Vader will autograph this picture I took of him?"
Cindy: "I miss Karen"
Karen: "I miss Cindy"
Rob: "My memory card holds more pictures than yours"

And our tummies are blessed by some of the best food on property once again (and no, it's not more Tonga Toast).

Stay tuned

January-2007
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the report! I feel like I'm stepping into the 50s Prime Time when I read it because of all the references making it sound like a tv show. Lots of fun times you all had this day, can't wait to read more!

faline
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
All this talk of Tonga Toast is making me quite hungry!

Kairi_7378
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
:number1: I have to compliment you on your writing style... these reports are fantastic! (Especially the comments about your relatives complaining about the size of their memory cards. Sounds just like my family :) )

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Great report! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Bethis26fan
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. Off to read part 2. :)

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Great writing tink. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the pix.

iheartmickey
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Sounds like another great adventurous day!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Now I am dreaming of Tonga Toast and I have to wait until October to get some. :tasty: Thanks for another fun report. :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks for sharing !

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2007, 05:17 AM
I want to try the toast now, I'm staring. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: I can't wait for the pics:blush:

sleepingbooty
07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm off to hunt down day 4!