PDA

View Full Version : What are you giving Dad or Hubby for Father's Day?

bibbidiboo3
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Looking for ideas for Father's Day gifts for hubby/dads/grandpas. What are you giving?:secret:

Jeri Lynn
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I am giving my husband a depth/fish finder for his boat.

bibbidiboo3
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Or for Dad's... what would you like to receive from DW or kids?

kakn7294
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
If I can find one that has all the features I want, DH will be getting an MP3 player so he can have some tunes when he runs. His walkman finally died on him a few weeks ago - he's had it for 14 years so I think was well worth the price I paid for it!

TheMartellFamily
06-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm giving him the joy to take the kids on family vacation 2DS with the DW staying at home with a broken foot. He says he is having a great time.

conorsmom2000
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Mike is getting a scrapbook made by Conor and I called "10 things I love about Dad", all written by Conor (#7 on the list - "he takes us to Disney World!" :D ) - hopefully I can pull it together in the next few days!! We just got a new car and solar panels for the pool, so we agreed to forego gifts for Mother's day/Father's day this year! :mickey:

Kenny1113
06-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I usually get tickets for Nascar when it comes down here. I give them to my hubby, dad and father in law ( I also get tix for my DS6 and DS 3). Then all the guys get to have a testosterone filled day ;).

RedSoxFan
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
We just moved into our new house. DH wants a new grill and new outdoor speakers. One will be for Father's Day and the other will be for his b'day which is in July. He can pick out what he wants at his leisure. I did buy him the latest Seinfeld DVD season for the kids to give him.

TinkiTime1989
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
a trip to Disney World!! 5 more days and we're living it up with the mouse.:mickey:

Momof2boys
06-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I bought him a t-shirt from Ebay with the Northwestern from Deadliest Catch. We love that show ! Other than that, I have no idea. I need to think of something creative for the boys to do with him.

This will be his first Father's Day without his dad (my FIL passed away in Feb) so I want it to be extra special for him.

Figgyluv03
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Since I'm on a really tight budget this year, my mom just went out and my dad a bunch of bathing suits and stuff since he's always in our hot tub. I didn't get DBf anything this year. I usually do, even though he's not a dad, but it's always from the unborn. I forget was last year was, but the year before was a bunch of shirts.

jennbunn
06-13-2007, 01:44 PM
ds gave dh a new softball bat. ds will give bumpa and pop home depot gift cards

Flower
06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
My oldest child (DH!!!) has been wanting to go to the Great Wolf Lodge since it opened a year or so ago in Niagara Falls. So, I am picking him up Friday afternoon from work and we are all heading to the Falls for the weekend. I booked a 'cheap' hotel for the Friday & Saturday nights, and Sunday night we will be staying at the Great Wolf.

I am planning on 'scrap booking' him a special card from the boys; just have to find the time!

Niecyboo
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
2 weeks ago I got him a soft-serve ice cream maker for his Bday, so I think he's guessed what he's getting for Fathers Day....A giant container of Dole Whip mix.

I also want to get him a small surprise, but I don't know what it will be yet.

Ian
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I got my Father's Day gift a few months back. Actually, it was half for my birthday and half for Father's Day.

I got one of these (http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0263070530)!

Of course, I'll still get a few sweet gifts from DD. I know she made me some things that will be more treasured than the guitar is!

DisneyDog
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I got my DH a gift certificate for this new store at the mall called The Art of Shaving. He can get a real old-fashioned shave by a barber and basically a men's facial along with it.

Hey, Ian, nice Fender! DH is a drummer and just started a band.

JanetMegan
06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
This year I actually didn't buy gifts for my dad and grandfather. I sat down and wrote them each a letter thanking them for teaching me everything I know, all with specific examples of how they have influenced my life etc. Hopefully they will appreciate it more than any knick-knack I could have purchased ;)

mtown71
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
My dad is next to impossible to shop for so I usually just treat him to a nice restaurant for dinner.

KODABEAR
06-15-2007, 04:05 AM
DH will be getting a set of DVD's of the 1987 World Series. His VCR tapes from recording off TV are sooooo old and pale. Found them at Boarders. Didn't even know they were available. :bball::bball: