PDA

View Full Version : Father/Daughter Trip - Day 1...Planes, trains, autos, and strollers

JoRy
06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Cast:
Me - Disney Freak (37) and on my 13th trip:mickey:
DD - 3...first trip:girl::princess:

Day 1

Let me start by saying that like many of you, I have been to WDW MANY times. I have two DS (11 and 7) who have each been 5-7 times. My wife is not a big fan, but goes to be with the family as long as she can get a spa day or two in. And then there is my DD...Daddy's little girl...who, although has been on a Disney cruise, has never been to WDW.

My boys were not happy to be left home:mad:, but I was determined to take DD by herself for her first trip so we could go at her pace...not with the boys dragging her to every ride she was not big enough to ride, and not letting her go to the places she wanted to go since they were girly places or meant for little kids. So it was just her and me...and we had a blast.

She had been talking for weeks about seeing the princesses again, as she had spent a lot of time with them on the cruise since they all came into the childcare on the boat and played with the kids for 2 hours (in character).

When we got on the plane from NAshville to head south, she was a little upset that they were not there to fly with her, and then when they were not at the airport to meet her, she got even more upset. She finally got that they were only going to be at WDW, so off we went in our rental car.

We were staying at the Boardwalk and they graciously upgraded us from a studio to a one bedroom right next to the pool. I decided that since it was Star Wars weekends at MGM, and it was Thursday (we were only staying until Monday), we would see it first. I knew all the characters would scare her to death:darth:, and it would probably be packed. WE rode the boat over after stopping on the Boardwalk to get a slice of pizza.

Once at MGM, we stopped to get a stroller, and then headed to Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, the HISTK playground, and watched the High School Musical pep rally:cheer:. She loved them all...but she really wanted to see her princesses. No luck...all we found that day were Buzz, Woody, Green army man, Mater, Lightning McQueen, JoJo, Goliath, and the Power Rangers. Needless to say, she did not want anything to do with ANY of them. She was especially scared of Green Army Man.

We decided since we were going to have a really busy day at MK the next day, we would head back to the Boardwalk for dinner and go to bed early. We ate at the FLying Fish, and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have EVER had at WDW. :tasty: Next to Cal Grill and Vic and Alberts, it was the best. I had a tuna app and soft shell crab. DD had mickey shaped pasta. There was not a table available so we ate at the chef's counter and watched them cook...fascinating. The only negative was their mojitos...not too good.

Day 2 is next with MK, breakfast with Pooh, LOTS of Goofy's barnstormer, and Dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare.

faline
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
What a special trip for the both of you! I can't wait to read about your daughter finally getting to meet the princesses!

January-2007
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Your daughter sounds too cute! Upset that the princesses were not there to fly with her, how adorable! I hope you get lots of face time with the princesses at the dinner tomorrow night. I can't wait to read more! Thanks for the report, it's so sweet, I remember my Daddy/Daughter trip when I was around 11, it was so much fun!

Nicki'sMom
06-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I am impressed with the caliber of restaurants you took her to. Sounds like you are raising a well rounded eater. Very refreshing since most people feed their kids chicken nuggets every day! Good for you! I love the Daddy/daughter trip. My 3 year old loves the princesses too.

WED1901
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Fellow Nashvillian!! :thumbsup:

That’s great that just the two of you got to go for her first trip. Sounds like you guys had fun. Can’t wait to hear more. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: