PDA

View Full Version : CarolinaWDWfan's June, 2007 Family Trip(pre-trip)

CarolinaWDWFan
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Trip Dates: June 3, 2007 thru June 10, 2007

DH – Me, 37, a WDW fanatic since I was 16. I have visited WDW 30 times in the past ten years.
DW – 33, not as much of a fanatic as I am, has attended about half of my visits.
DS- 7, takes after his old man, a true fan with 12 visits since he was 9 months old.
DD – 15 months, grooming her to join her brother and Dad. This was her first visit.
DSIL – 38, has only made 3 trips in her life. Sad. Very sad.
DSIL – 24, First trip ever! Who raised these people!?!

Pre-Trip Prep:
Well, I did not install my Phantime countdown timer until I was less than 100 days out. This eliminated the stigma of the 3 digit wait. So, starting at 96 days, the timer began to tick. Like so many of us do, I would check the timer everyday and update everyone how many days were left. I pinpointed the days to follow-up on my reservations and room requests. I held pre-trip meetings to discuss tactical things such as departure times(we where driving, only 8 hours from our house to Downtown Disney), breakfast and lunch stops, accommodations expectations, what food we would bring, our dining requests, etc. The closer we got, the more frequent the meetings. Since we were taking two cars, this was going to be necessary.

With the timer at 7 days and counting, I began to pack my and my DS' suitcases. This was completed in a matter of an hour. DW packed her and DD’s things later in the week, as they would need to do some last minute laundry. Packing was complete, cooler was ready to be filled with ice, cameras where charged and ready, food was boxed, trip snacks were bagged and DVDs for the trip were already in the van by Saturday evening, ready for our Sunday 8a.m. departure. The weather report showed that we would be driving through the remnants of tropical storm Barry, so we decided to slow our pace a little bit until we got south of Savannah.

Because our house is on the market, we needed to do some extra tidying up Sunday morning, so we set the alarm for six a.m. and somehow fell asleep.

Up next…Day 1, June 3rd – Arrival Day.

MR.MIKE
06-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Sad. Very sad.
DSIL – 24, First trip ever! Who raised these people!?!

Too funny and i totally agree!!:laughing:

My kids are like yours ...first trips before a year old and trips totally more than their age.

January-2007
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Can't wait to read the next installment! You arrived on the day we left, how 'bout that? "Who raised these people?" Classic! My parents didn't take me to WDW until I was 6, can you believe it? Six!

faline
06-12-2007, 01:01 PM
With all the preparations behind you, you're ready to head to Disney World for some fun!

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
So fun, I love bringing first timers.