PDA

View Full Version : The First Ever Father's Day Family Vaction (Pre Trip Report)

JENNEB
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Way back in November, the B family began the age old discussion of what to do for Christmas. It was decided that for Christmas, Mom and Dad, instead of giving their children many gifts, would pay for the majority of a family vacation. Trumpets of joy rang through the hall of our family home, and many a suggestion was made, until we finally decided on visiting the world.

Now came the hard part - When. There are 7 of us and all of us have full time jobs, so vacation planning has never been easy. After discarding Spring Break we finally decided on the week of father's day.

The cast of characters on this high flying adventure are:

Dad (Tom) - a life long fan of Disneyland and theme parks.
Mom (Sally) - Swore she would never visit WDW again after our last family trip in 1999.
Me (jenneB) 32 - Veteran of many trips to the world and dutifully appointed planner.
DB1 - (KB) 25- Theme park Fanatic - he lobbied for the trip to the world the hardest.
DSIL- (Lauren) 23- DB1's wife and good sport. Has been to WDW several times growing up.
DB2 (Scott) 25 - KB's twin and closet Disney freak.
Sarah (DB2 GF) - 25 - The most excited person going on this trip besides me.

We made reservations to stay at PO-Riverside back in November, and in January I began the actual planning. ADR's were made.
At the beginning of May the official intinerary went out to each adventurer along with the challenges for the trip (This is a family tradition on all our trips.) Tickets were purchased.
And finally we reach today. DB2, Sarah and I will leave this afternoon for Dallas, and meet up with Mom and Dad and DB2 and DSIL for our early morning flights tomorrow.

Up coming highlights:
Fastasmic ! Wishes! Illuminations!
Dinner at Boma (a 1st)
Will Dad be convinced to ride Tower of Terror?
Will Mom ride Space Mountain for the first time since 1981?

SBETigg
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
What a fun trip! I hope you have an excellent time. Best wishes persuading Dad on ToT and Mom on Space Mountain. Will be eager to hear the report. :mickey:

MsMin
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Hope you have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it!

January-2007
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the pre-trip report, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

faline
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Have a great time! Sounds like lots of fun!

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Have a great trip.:thumbsup:

Pocahontas
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
It sounds like you're going to have a great time. I'm excited to hear all about it.:mickey:

pogo
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Travel safe, and enjoy your trip. :D

Bethanymouse
06-13-2007, 07:22 AM
You guys are going to have a blast! Be sure to enjoy your magical vacation! I cant wait to read about it when you get home!:D