PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern Questions

Goofy Forever
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I would like your input on this dining experience. Is it a buffet? Do the characters come out at lunch? Is the food good?

Any information you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!:mickey:

krorx
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
We have not had lunch at LTT but we had the dinner. Yes, it's a character dinner. We had chip, dale, minnie and goofy dressed in period costume from the 1700's. Very cute. The meal is set and is pretty much Thanksgiving fare such as ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and dessert which was apple cobbler with ice cream when we were there. It was very good food and the character interaction was wonderful. We would definitely go again.
Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Roo Girl
06-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Lunch is NOT a character meal. Just made my ADR for this Dec 07 and was told specifically that there aren't characters for lunch.

faline
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
This is a table service establishment. I've had both lunch and dinner here. As noted, characters do not appear at lunch.

For dinner, we've seen Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie and Meeko. The food is served at your table, family style - you do not need to leave the table to retrieve your food - and the menu is set.

ResQRanger82
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
It is true - lunch at Liberty Tree is not character, nor is it the all-you-care-to-eat family style. At lunch you order off a traditional menu. We have eaten there many times and are only not going on our next trip just to take a break and try something else. They have great soups and salads and the turkey and potroast meals are very good. For dessert, I love the griddled pound cake.

I did experience one exception to the rule at lunch when we ate there on Christmas Day. That day they had their dinner spread (and only that) for lunch.

GusNJacque
06-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I love the lunch menu--that potroast is yummy!

ibrowse17
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
DW and I love to eat the pot roast there at lunch:thumbsup:

MR.MIKE
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I go just for that sweet butter!!

Anborn
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
its an excellent place for lunch. the last 2 times i've been we've eaten there. good home cookin food not normally found in the park.

Willowwind
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I didn't realize that there would be a difference between lunch and dinner there. We have reservations in December at 4PM.

Would that be considered dinner?

krose78
06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Dinner starts at 4pm.

DREAMADREAM93
06-12-2007, 12:06 PM
i havent had LTT for lunch but i have had it for dinner. At dinner it is a character meal but i do not believe the same is true for lunch. I thought the food was great though. Well worth going just to eat!

JOrdan :]

Goofy Forever
06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Thank you for all your replies! I greatly appreciate it.

Our family will be eating the dinner meal there at the end of July. I can't wait!!!!:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I have only been to LTT for dinner. It is one of my very favorites! We try to go once a vacation!:mickey: The food is traditional Thanksgiving, and it is very good!( I do not care for the Stouffers macaroni) The characters are wonderful, great interaction! (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale).

Mrs.Mya
06-12-2007, 08:34 PM
So glad someone posted this question. I made ADR for Thanksgiving dinner and was glad to read some replies about the food and how good it was. MMMMMM I can't wait. :thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
06-13-2007, 10:33 AM
LTT for dinner is a family favorite - we never miss it! Besides the yummy meal, the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing is scrumptious - and you've got to save room for the warm cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert!! :tasty::tasty::tasty:

And of course it's always nice to see the characters in their colonial dress. :D

Shugoondola
06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I love LTT for both lunch and dinner. It's a great place to eat in the Magic Kingdom.

:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
LTT is the one meal in WDW that my family will not miss. We love it there! We mainly choose to eat lunch there, just because we aren't really into all the characters, and we like choosing from the menu. I love the Pilgrum's Feast (turkey, smashed taters, stuffing) and the pot roast is very good too. I have also had some of the sandwiches, and have never been disapointed.

They also have the best drink in all of the world (Disney or otherwise!)...it's called Patriot Punch and I dream about it when I'm not in Orlando! It is orange sorbet, with orange juice and sprite and it's just heaven in a glass! :cloud9:

We did have dinner there last December and it was really fun. The food was family style, and we liked it a lot. I'm not sure we would plan on going back for dinner anytime soon, but only because we just weren't into the characters as much!