PDA

View Full Version : Someone reassure me, please!

yasmina
06-12-2007, 06:33 AM
OMG, I can't believe it! Last night I found air fare for $150 R/T to Orlando. I said to my husband, "Let's surprise the girls (9& 11yo) with a trip to DisneyWorld!". To my surprise, he agreed :mickey:

Since this is last minute, we can only afford one of the value resort, and we picked ASM. Two years ago we went for 5 days and stayed at BWI -and got upgraded to concierge. Last summer went with my mom & sister for 2 days ad stayed at GF. I'm a bit of a resot snob, but just being at the World is all that matters for me now.

My concern is mostly the bus system. When we were there before, the lines at the park at night for the value resorts were horrendously long.

Can someone give me some positive feedback on the values, and specifically ASM?

Thanks!

faline
06-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Are you at Movies or Music?

I've stayed in a number of the deluxe resorts and home away from home resorts. I've also stayed at most of the moderates and at All Star Music.

We found the room at All Star Music to be a bit small but, overall, the experience was positive and the room served its purpose. It was less expensive and it was on-site. Additionally, we didn't spend that much time in the room.

Once we got the hang of the bus system which, when we stayed there, was a little different than at some of the other resorts, we didn't find it to be an issue.

Relax and have a wonderful time!

yasmina
06-12-2007, 07:24 AM
My girls are Disney movie fanatics & I think they'll love the theming of it.

Thanks for the info about the busses. I know we can figure it out!

Jeff
06-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I agree with Linda.

We have also stayed at several deluxe resorts but have also mixed in stays at Pop and All Star Movies. For trips where we are not staying at the resort much they All Stars are great.

Although the bus lines are longer there are more busses sent (or so I think) so our waits for busses were no more than at Deluxe resorts. In fact, compared to how some of the Deluxe busses are shared (BWI,Swan, Dolphin, Y&B or WL, Cont., Poly, GF) at certain times the All Stars busses are quicker.

TexansInNY
06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
If your concerned about buses, remember All Star Sports picks up first and drops off first.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-12-2007, 09:51 AM
We love Movies!! :mickey:

The buses have never been too much of an issue. They are busier at the close of the parks but, there are also more running, or so it seemed.
We have never shared a bus with the other AS unless it was the second one coming through. For example, a Movies bus would pull into the resort and fill up going to MK. An AS bus would then pull in to load a few more people. That was during our trips in September, maybe it is different at other times.

We joined DVC this year but, we would have no problem going back to Movies. Have a great trip!

Pocahontas
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I have to admit I didn't care for the value resort nearly as much as all the others we've stayed. The good points were a nice large pool, fun themeing, and even though lines were longer than other resorts the buses came frequently. Oh, and most importantly, you're at Disney World the happiest place on earth!:thumbsup:

MizMissy
06-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I have not stayed at a value, so I can't comment on the bus system, but the difference between the deluxe resorts and the moderates (or at least POFQ)/values - is the size of the room and the size of the bed.
The deluxe resorts have queen beds, the others have double beds. When we went to WDW last year, we were at POFQ, my 6 year old and I were in one double bed and my friend and her 5 year old were in the other double bed. When deciding to go with family this year, I choose to upgrade because I knew my husband and I would not be comfortable in a double bed - at least not for a week.
Just something to consider. But, otherwise, you are at DISNEY!

Disney Doll
06-12-2007, 02:09 PM
We've stayed at ASMo and had a pretty good experience. To me the values have a more crowded feel just because the buildings are not as spread out. I think because of this the values to me just don't feel as relaxing. The bus situation is okay at ASMo. The only time we really waited a long time was leaving MK after Wishes. It took a good hour to catch a bus back to the resort. In hindsight I think I would have lingered a little longer and shopped around main street while the crowds died down. All in all, I wouldn't mind staying at ASMo again.

emmaes1
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
:mickey:We stayed at POP last sept. and the lines were not long at all. We enjoyed it alot, but of course we never spent much time in the room. Hope your stay is wonderful.:mickey:

bleukarma
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I’ve stayed at all levels and while the deluxes are very nice and convenient, the value’s aren’t horrible. I think you’re girls will have fun no matter where they stay. It may be a little hassle on you with their bus system (I like to just drive to the parks and back to the resort, although I think you are flying?) but in the end…you’ll be at WDW!

WVParkfan
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
The bus system at the All-Stars is fine. Remember: the All-stars are closer to MGM and the Animal Kingdom than are the "monorail resorts." Thus, unless you plan to spend all of your time at the MK, you'll be closer to home when the day ends.

maizey05
06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I've never stayed at ASM, but just wanted to say what a cool thing it is that you're surprising your kids with a WDW trip. My DS is 4 months old, and I really look forward to doing that kind of thing for him. I know he's going to be a Disney fanatic, like me. (His nursery is done in a Disney theme, and his favorite toy is a musical Mickey.) Have fun! Your girls are lucky to have a parent like you!:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
We just got back june 3rd & stayed at POP. We had great luck with the busses but did notice the lines for the All Stars were alot longer due to all 3 resorts using one. If your really worried you can change to POP