PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

septembergirl
06-11-2007, 11:50 PM
When taking DME from the airport to your resort, are there likely to be several dropoffs at various resorts before getting to your resort?

tink179
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
When we were there in January there was designated lines for each resort. Our bus only went to Pop Century. I don't know how it works in the busier months. Our bus wasn't even full. We got there around 8 that night and I don't think there was even 20 people on the bus.:mickey:

tron1970
06-12-2007, 01:05 AM
we were there in May and there was one bus for each resort.:thumbsup:

marlyn
06-12-2007, 01:23 AM
I was there in April. We landed very late at night and stopped at 4 resorts before we got to ours. It was a long trip...but nice to have mini tour of other resorts.

faline
06-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Last week, we stayed at Old Key West. Our resort was the third of four stops for the bus we were on.

SurferStitch
06-12-2007, 06:32 AM
We stayed at Pop last December, and arrived at MCO around 1:30 pm. We were the last stop of three, and there were only about 20 people on the bus, so it wasn't busy at all. The multiple stops definitely weren't due to high volumes of people.

It was a little annoying, but hey, it's free. The bus was very nice, and we got to watch a cute video on our way to WDW, so that made ME worthwhile. We'll be using them again this December.

Wrigley
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
When we rode the DME last July, we were staying at the POP and we were the first stop. At that time, the busses were designated 3 different resorts. We didn't have many people on our bus at all and the ride was very nice. We watched a little video on the way and it seemed like before long, we were at the POP!

biodtl
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
We stayed at ASMo last October and we went straight there.

CleveRocks
06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
When taking DME from the airport to your resort, are there likely to be several dropoffs at various resorts before getting to your resort?Here is DME's policy. Buses will stop at no more than a total of 4 resorts.

There are no pre-set routes and no pre-set groupings of resorts, so there is NO WAY to know in advance how many other resorts, if any, will be on your bus, which other resorts those may be, and what your drop-off order will be.

It usually makes sense for them to group resorts geographically, but this isn't always possible.

In other words, at 10:00 a.m. today, people staying at Caribbean Beach Resort may have shared a DME bus with people going to Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge. At 2:00 p.m. today, people staying at CBR may have shared a bus with people going to Pop Century. And at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow people staying at CBR might share a bus with people going to Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Fort Wilderness.

septembergirl
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Here is DME's policy. Buses will stop at no more than a total of 4 resorts.

There are no pre-set routes and no pre-set groupings of resorts, so there is NO WAY to know in advance how many other resorts, if any, will be on your bus, which other resorts those may be, and what your drop-off order will be.

It usually makes sense for them to group resorts geographically, but this isn't always possible.

In other words, at 10:00 a.m. today, people staying at Caribbean Beach Resort may have shared a DME bus with people going to Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge. At 2:00 p.m. today, people staying at CBR may have shared a bus with people going to Pop Century. And at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow people staying at CBR might share a bus with people going to Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Fort Wilderness.
:thumbsup:

Piglet822
06-13-2007, 12:48 PM
For DME purposes WDW is broken up into "zones". If your bus goes to only resorts in the same zone as yours (Epcot, MK, DD, AK) there could be as many as 4 stops.
If the bus goes to resorts in different zones (this doesn't happen too often) then there should be no more than 3 stops on the bus.
Depending on the time of day, the amount of people, and how many buses are available makes a big difference on how long you have to wait at the airport before the bus departs and how many stops are on each bus.
Typically it should take no longer than 1 1/2 to 2 hours to arrive at your resort from the time your plane touches down at MCO.

diznedreamin
06-16-2007, 09:03 AM
The last time we were at Disney was the first time we used DME. We got off the plane around 1pm, found DME, waited less than 5 mins. in line, boarded the bus, and were at Pop Century in about an hour (Pop was the first stop)!!! I know that the bus was scheduled to stop at 2 other resorts after POP.

Hopefully, it works that well this December!!!:D

crazypoohbear
06-16-2007, 09:06 AM
I know it changes based on need.
I hope it's dedicated to only our resort when we go. I'm like a kid when we land I want to get there NOW:thumbsup:

septembergirl
06-16-2007, 11:36 AM
\I'm like a kid when we land I want to get there NOW:thumbsup:

I know what you mean! I get more and more excited the closer we get. When we drive under all those signs, when we first board the monorail. I will be beside myself just landing at MCO :blush:.
:cloud9:

Riri529
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
We usually rent a car, but this past March we took the Magical Express. It was quick and comfortable. It only stopped at one other resort. I would definitely recommend it.

psychotekkie
06-18-2007, 08:36 PM
We took DME to Poly and it was the only stop. I am betting that if there are MORE people, you are more likely to have LESS stops. It is logical because with high crowd volumes, they could easily fill a bus for a single resort. But in the middle of the night or when there are small crowds, it would take forever to fill a bus for each resort, so they would have to group them together.

I don't care either way, I'm just happy I don't have to drive, cause I enjoy the ride, just taking in the scenery, watching the little disney promo video, feeling the anticipation, and just letting it sink in that I'm really starting my holiday.