PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs

Not2Loud
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Ok, so I bought one while down a few weeks ago. It appears to one for the "Year of a Million Dreams."

Have any of you re-used your mugs on a second trip and been ok? I am assuming I could use it again in Oct when I am there.

I am guessing they will be using the same type all year at all the resorts.

:beer:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I am not sure about the YOAMD mugs but, the resort mugs are length of stay only. You cannot use them on future trips. I would think the YOAMD mugs are the same. I am sure there will be someone along to let us know about them.

But, the regular mugs are length of stay only.

HTH

PirateLover
06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
As far as I can tell they have pretty much done away with the resort mugs. All I saw during my recent Poly stay were the same ones you have described. I'm thinking that you can probably use your YOAMD mug as long as the promotion was going on but once they change the design you'd be out of luck. I'm not sure what official policy is though.

TammiMcMan
06-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Ok, so I bought one while down a few weeks ago. It appears to one for the "Year of a Million Dreams."

Have any of you re-used your mugs on a second trip and been ok? I am assuming I could use it again in Oct when I am there.No, even with the YOAMD mugs, you cannot reuse them on a different trip. If you bought it as part of the refillable mug program, you just need to read the side of the mug for the policy. It's been reported by other members, that it still says "length of stay" , but it no longer states it's only good for the resort you purchased it at. You can refill it at other resort beverage stations, provided you're within your purchased length of stay.

Just a reminder that it is against INTERCOT's terms of service to discuss ways of cheating the system or getting around the posted policy.

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I believe they are just length of stay. So you need to get a mug on your next trip even if it is the same mug. My husband and I love our diet coke so we always get our moneys worth. My favorite was when my family all 17 of us wen to the water park. We all sure got our moneys worth.

Not2Loud
06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I have no problem buying a new one, as I will get my coke's worth!

I just didn't know if there was a diff policy due to the "YOAMD" mugs being out for this year.

brewcrew26
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I've never bought a refillable mug before. We were thinking of doing that when we go down end of August.

Can you only use in resorts? Or, can you use in the parks, as well?

Seasonscraps
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I've never bought a refillable mug before. We were thinking of doing that when we go down end of August.

Can you only use in resorts? Or, can you use in the parks, as well?

It's good for the resorts only.

My dream is to have a refillable cup we can use at the parks. :cloud9:

Pocahontas
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
We always buy the refillable mugs each visit, it saves money and we end up using them at home so much the pictures even begin to wear off.

Almost every trip to the World I have seen families using mugs from other resorts and even other years. I don't know if a CM ever said anything to any of them, but I never seen anyone approached.:confused:

DisneyDudet
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I think this year's mug is good for length of stay, but if you change resorts, you can still use it at another resort. Thats what CM's are telling others anyway.

krorx
06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
The mugs are worth the money. Oh, to have one you could use in the parks. That would be a dream come true.:mickey:

CaptSmee
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
As far as I can tell they have pretty much done away with the resort mugs. All I saw during my recent Poly stay were the same ones you have described.

We just returned from WDW where we stayed at Coronado Springs and bought a Coronado Spring mug. <snip>. I have not seen these Year of a Million Dreams mugs at any of our resorts yet that we have stayed it. Seems like a bad idea/good idea to me.

Bad idea because people going multiple times within the promotion time would be able to use the same mugs. Good idea because once the promotions over it would be noticeable if someone tried to use that mug again.

TammiMcMan
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Bad idea because people going multiple times within the promotion time would be able to use the same mugs. Good idea because once the promotions over it would be noticeable if someone tried to use that mug again.Resort mugs don't always change from year to year either. Regardless of the mug style, people are either going to follow the rules or break them.

tinksmom02
06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
We always buy the refillable mugs each visit, it saves money and we end up using them at home so much the pictures even begin to wear off.

Almost every trip to the World I have seen families using mugs from other resorts and even other years. I don't know if a CM ever said anything to any of them, but I never seen anyone approached.:confused:

1. I've used my CSR mug so much that now it's almost a plain white mug.

2. Wouldn't it be nice if WDW handled their TOS as well as the mods do here on Intercot?? :thumbsup:

vamaggie
06-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Resort mugs don't always change from year to year either. Regardless of the mug style, people are either going to follow the rules or break them.

I totally agree with this but as someone who follows the rules, it irks me quite a bit that Disney does not enforce them. If they are not going to have CMs stop folks from using (or reusing) mugs why have the rule at all? If we as guests can see people openly using mugs when they shouldn't why are the CMs not enforcing the rule? Seems to diminish the CMs authority if you ask me. Would love to see Disney enforcing the rules they establish.

TammiMcMan
06-13-2007, 08:38 AM
I totally agree with this but as someone who follows the rules, it irks me quite a bit that Disney does not enforce them. I know, it's sadder that Disney would even have to consider enforcing them.