PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Dream Maker recipients! [Merged Threads]

CaptSmee
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Okay. We've been to WDW 3 times for a total of 28 days since the Year of a Million Dreams promotion has started and we have won exactly...NOTHING!

I have seen and heard that plenty of prizes and magical moments are being awarded at the parks, so what are people doing that we are not doing??? I'm beginning to think the whole thing is a farce except i've seen the dream fastpasses on peoples necks in the parks where we're getting to the point that we want to rip them off their necks for our usage!

Are we the only people who have vacationed multiple times since the promotion started that hasn't gotten a single thing?!? :mad::(:confused:

Figment!
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Are you spending most of your time riding attractions?

If not that could be a hindrance.

In order to sequester the randomly selected winners and have a well defined location, most potential prize locations are ride queues, ride exits and seats on rides.

You can find a list of INTERCOTee winners and where they won here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=84923).

TinkRocks
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I've been to WDW 7 times this past year and left without winning...

Yes -it would be nice to win something, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm happy that Disney are awarding prizes randomly, but in the back of my mind, it kinda irks me that 'regular / repeat' Disney guests don't win anything. I have my own theories, but I'll save them for a rainy day.

ILive4Disney
06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I have also been many times this year and have not even seen a Dream Team member...my bad luck or timing I guess. :mickey:

huzzah4
06-12-2007, 01:00 AM
My wife and I were at WDW last Oct. and there were Dreams everywhere. It seemed almost every other person we passed either had the special Mickey Ears or the Dream Fast Pass. While we were there on our honeymoon last week, we hardly saw anyone with a Dream at all. I only remember seeing 1 family with the Dream Fast Passes and 2 or 3 with the Ears. I am sure there are more that I didn't notice, but in Oct. we were all but beaten over the head with them. Did they give out too much stuff at the beginning of the promotion and are now having to ration the prizes, or did we just manage to make it to the wrong park every day we were there?

Carol
06-12-2007, 06:37 AM
It's random. You really shouldn't get your feeling hurt over it. They are 'special' and not to be expected. :pixie:

faline
06-12-2007, 06:40 AM
On our trip in January, we ran into the dream team twice and received small prizes. We were surprised and pleased!

On our trip a week and ahalf ago, we never saw the dream team at all so it really is very random!

grego77
06-12-2007, 07:30 AM
I won a Dream Fastpass on New Years Day at MK, and then won ANOTHER one three days later again in MK.

Then, last month in Epcot, I won a third Dream Fastpass on Test Track.

I am NEVER lucky, so this has definitely been a first for me! Lets hope my winning streak continues when I go to Disneyland this weekend!!! :mickey:

bleukarma
06-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I've been to the parks once since the promotion started and I won a dream fastpass. I was walking off Tower of Terror. Last weekend I was at DTD and I didn't see any dream squad or dreams. Going to the parks again next week, lets hope to repeat that luck of the first time! Although if I didn't I wouldn't care. I will just be happy to be there!

disneydrmr
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
My sister and I won Dream MGM fast passes when we were there in December - it was in the preshow room at Tower of Terror. The Dream Team sneaks in then sneaks out so that is why you really don't notice them. I also recieved two free trading pins on our last morning at MK from a Dream Team member... but again, it is all random.. other than those two times we really didn't see the Members - though we did notice people with the ears and fast passes.

huzzah4
06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, I had started a whole new thread since the question I asked was completely different than the one being discussed here, but since mine was merged into this one I will continue it here. I understand the random way in which the Dreams are awarded, my question is if the frequency with which they are given away has changed. Towards the beginning of the promotion there seemed to be a LOT more of them presented to people than there are now. Have they perhaps started giving out fewer since it is well into the promotion and there is not as much need to hype it up by visibility or word of mouth now? Or, perhaps they have shifted the type of Dreams to something that is less visible to passersby, but hopefully more meaningful to the recipients. Does it seem to anyone else that there are less Dreams floating around the park (by that I do, of course, mean the prize Dreams, there could never be a shortage of real dreams in WDW)?

JohnnyJayhawk
06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
When we were there in April we saw a few people with the "obvious" Dreams. Nothing happened for us until the last day at MGM when we encountered the team twice, once at the meet n greet with Sorcerer Mickey and then later at the Muppets show. I'm not sure what that says for the frequency.