PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fave at Earl of Sandwich?

sleepingbooty
06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I was just looking at the menu and my mouth is watering! So I'm wondering if these sandwiches are as good as they sound? Tell me what you've had there, whats good - whats not?

tundramom
06-11-2007, 09:09 PM
We've had:
The Original-yum, love the horseradish
The Club-mmm applewood smoked bacon
Tha All American-the cranberries make it, so good I had it back to back days last trip!
Hawaiian BBQ- DH really liked it
The Full Montagu-DH didn't care for the mustard as much "but it's still good"
Cannonballs-zesty
It's the bread that makes 'em IMHO, the desserts leave a little to be desired but the sandwiches...pure:cloud9:

tinksmom02
06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I think it's called the Caprese--fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil! :thumbsup: Delish! And the bread is definitely what makes the sandwich!

Figment!
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
The Original :thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't remember what one. But the tomato soup with croutons is also amazing.

tinkerbell04
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Cannonballs, the original and the salads!:mickey:

moe513
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
great question.

Anborn
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
so here's the obligatory question for those of us in the dark.... where is this "Earl of Sandwich" restaurant? :blush:

Figment!
06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
.... where is this "Earl of Sandwich" restaurant? :blush: See the Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp) section of the INTERCOT Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)

January-2007
06-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I've only tried 2, DH 1, and we've been 3 times... The first one I tried was the Full Montegu but it was too spicy for me. DH's gotten the All American every time and I've gotten that the last two times as well. Good stuff. We're looking to branch out next time though. I heard you can ask for the sandwiches without the sauce? That'd be good for me because I don't like things too spicy. This place is so convenient when you're in DTD, we stopped for a quick bite before high tailing it to the Comedy Warehouse a couple weeks ago and it was great as always.

Anborn
06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
See the Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp) section of the INTERCOT Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)

thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't in one of the parks :)

dog-ears
06-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I've only been there once but I had the All-American - delicious! I agree with tundramom - it's the bread that makes the sandwich.

honeybear
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
My BF and I tried Earl of Sandwich for the 1st time on our last trip in August of '06. I Don't remember the names of the Sandwiches, but I had the beef one that comes with the Horseradish sauce (I was too chicken to have them put the sauce on my sandwich though). My BF had the Chicken Sandwich with the creamed spinach on it. I was able to taste his sandwich and actually preferred his sandwich over mine. He loved it so much that he got a second one!

packofjedis
06-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I love the original!

And for anyone near Indianapolis....an Earl of Sandwich just opened up in Carmel, Indiana! We went last week and it was just as good as DTD (except for missing out on shopping at World of Disney!).

snifflesmcg
06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I've only been there once but I must say that the Cannonballs were awsome. :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Cannonballs yep Cannonballs

:cop: :tigger:

ktflisa
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Between us, DH and I have tried all of them but the Tuna melt. My favorite is the All American - his was a tie between... well, he couldn't decide! He loves them all!

I have the HARDEST time picking when we are there. I change my mind 10 times before I order, get to the counter and change it again!!

Yum. 90 more days!!

I saw something on the internet about one opening here in our area - Round Rock to be exact. and that it would be part owned by Nolan Ryan... I've got to check into that!!

mrsgaribaldi
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I love The Original without the cheddar:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
My mouth is totally watering right now reading this! Since we don't have an Earl here, I'm gonna have to make a Panera run - I'm starving! Thanks for all the info!

d_m_n_n
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I love the original!

And for anyone near Indianapolis....an Earl of Sandwich just opened up in Carmel, Indiana! We went last week and it was just as good as DTD (except for missing out on shopping at World of Disney!).

mmmmm-mmmmmmm the Original.

Where did it open in Carmel? I saw on the website there was a location there, but not sure of the exact spot. I would love to go there and get my "fix" between trips!

TexasPrincessAurora
06-15-2007, 08:07 PM
My new favorite...The Earl's Cobb Wrap. Out of this world!

Other favorites...Full Montagu and Le Frenchy.

By the way, does Earl of Sandwich have a website where you can see what other locations they have?

mamaloya
06-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I always get 2 pizza kids sandwiches and share with 3 of my kiddos. They are the same size as the regular ones but cheaper. The pizza ones are so GOOD!! The cheese is all stretchy and gooey. It is our tradition to eat there our last day on our way home. We sometimes have extra for the ride. dd11 likes the tomato soup too. Mmmmm, I can't wait. ds16 has been talking about it a lot too. His favorite CS.

packofjedis
06-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Their website is earlofsandwichusa.

d_m_n_n - The one in Carmel is off of 116th and Rangeline Rd. It's actually very nice. Not really busy, though. I'm hoping we just missed the big crowd - wouldn't want them to close down when they just got here.:thumbsup: I'm wondering if the people who opened it are big Disney people.

disneyfan1124
06-16-2007, 03:25 PM
DH and I love the breakfast sandwiches! If we stay at OKW, I get up early and hike to EoS to get breakfast and bring it back. We've never had anything other than a quality, very delicious, experience.

TheMartellFamily
06-16-2007, 04:04 PM
We have been there once and it is was really good. We got the orignal and then I got the special of the day which was a carribean shrimp sandwich. Both were very good and we can not wait to go there again.

mcb0420
06-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Moved to Indy just after my last trip to the world (Oct '06) and accidently found it. Nice Disney fix for DW and I.

Earl of Sandwich
(317) 846-3275
1 E Carmel Dr # 170, Carmel, IN