PDA

View Full Version : Oysters & Mussels @ WDW

Frank Bullitt
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Hello All!!

I am making ADR's and does anyone here know of a good restaurant on WDW property that serves oysters and/or mussels? Out here in the midwest I don't get the opportunity to eat `em and I heard that one of the seafood restaurants serves shellfish but couldn't find it..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

Bruegge
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Narcoosee's had a great fried oyster app on the menu this May.

I know what your saying... fried... but they were still ... medium rare... so to speak ...like a Rockefeller... with a couple of great dipping sauces.....

Anthony Scott the Sous-Chef gave me his card and told me to call if I was in town and he'd have some ready when we arrived.. PM me and i'll PM you his number... I'm sure he can find some mussels and/or set you up with raw oysters if thats what your after

FYI I enjoyed my dinner at Narcoosee's as much if not a little more than the Califonia Grill... It's worth a shot
Scott

Tinkerbellfan
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello,

Last time I looked at both menus, both Shula's and Todd English's Blue Zoo served Oysters. Both restaurants are at the Dolphin.

Shula remains one of the best dinning experiences (and most expensive) we have ever treated ourselves too.

I have never dined at Blue Zoo but I have tried a couple of Todd English's other restaurants and they are great!

LandFan
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Le Cellier has a great mussel appetizer (PEI mussels)!

Natazu
06-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Cape May dinner at Beach Club. All you care to eat mussles and clams. No oysters there but you can eat mussles to your heart's content.

KAT1811
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Blue Zoo is the only place I know of to get oysters. I don't know about you but when I talk about oysters I mean on the half shell. Being from the NE we have a ton of restaurants with raw bars. Fried doesn't count.

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 01:49 PM
as Natazu said, Cape May Cafe all the way. buckets and buckets of clams and mussles - then you have shrimp shrimp shrimp. somedays the shrimp are cold and somedays there warm... it just depends. and you can add crab legs for a few extra bucks.. just tell your waiter you'd like to add them. its great when ur on the DDP cause then all u pay for is the add on of the crabs and then your alcoholic beverages. (most ppl dont know they still do this... its wonderful!)

another place for great seafood is the coral reef. really good tuna!

pox24
06-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I ate so many one time I grew a shell overnight.:thumbsup:

grumpycajun
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Just a suggestion. Be CAREFUL eating raw oysters during the hot summer months. Here in Louisiana we know our oysters and a rule of thumb that a lot of us follow is to wait until the cooler months to start eating them raw. It's all about certain kinds of bacteria which can cause illness that is more active when the water is warmer. Not to be an alarmist. 99% of the time you'd be just fine, but I'd hate to be in that 1% number, so I don't take chances. Of course, oysters that are cooked are fine all year 'round.

I second the "chowder style" mussels at Le Cellier. They were a little on the small side, but plentiful and delicious. I could have made a meal on them and them bread.

We're going to Cape May for the first time in a few weeks:joy:and I'm going to stuff myself on steamed mussels and clams. With all of the awesome seafood in Louisiana, clams isn't one of them and I love them.