PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Idea - Large Cabins

GrumpyFan
06-11-2007, 11:09 AM
With all of the rental homes in the Orlando area, I'm really surprised WDW hasn't built any Large Cabins at Fort Wilderness. This just seems like a segment of the market that Disney hasn't tapped into, and Fort Wilderness would be a great place to do it.

I'm thinking something capable of holding 8-12 (possibly more) people like some of the vacation homes off-property. The really larger ones, could even have their own pools. I'm sure they would be expensive, but possibly worth it for those who want something like this.

So, what do you think? Like it or not?

DizneyRox
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Personally, I don't see much financial sense in it for them. First off log cabins ain't cheap. It's more economical to build conventionally. The upkeep on individual houses has got to be nuts, when you consider the cleaning and other maintenance associated with a home. While I bet there's a market for it, I just don't think Disney would be able to compete with the surroundings.

faline
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Besides, Disney does offer 2 bedroom accommmodations in the vacation club category.

A Big Kid
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
If it made financial sense for Disney, they would have done it already.

Grace
06-11-2007, 01:04 PM
:mickey:
DVC Grand Villas have 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 3 bathrooms, and will accomodate 12 people. These are at Boardwalk, Saratog Springs, and Old Key West. They can be rented by anyone.

GrumpyFan
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
:mickey:
DVC Grand Villas have 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 3 bathrooms, and will accomodate 12 people. These are at Boardwalk, Saratog Springs, and Old Key West. They can be rented by anyone.

No offense, but I knew somebody was going to pop in and say this. The difference would be a bit more privacy by having a standalone rental unit/house/cabin with no immediate neighbors (above, below, beside).

I think it would be another great option for those who wanted a bigger, more intimate and private accomodation all to themselves. And, they might even be willing to pay more for it, if they're done nicely.

We go to the mountains of North Georgia from time to time and rent a cabin such as this for a week, and it's fabulous. Of course, the idea there is basically to getaway from the rest of the world for some peace and quiet and plain, simple rest and relaxation. As opposed to Disney where people want to be away from the world, but not necessarilly resting and relaxing. So, it might not serve the same purpose, but still the privacy and noise issue alone, might be worth it for some.