PDA

View Full Version : No More Table Requests at R&C?

avantgardeinker
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I made a late ADR at Rose and Crown so we could request the patio seating like we always do for Illuminations. The CM told me we're not allowed to request seating there anymore. Has anyone else heard this when making ADR's for R&C? We've never had a problem getting the seating. There are always lots of tables available when we're seated. They've also made it very clear in the past that seating on the patio is not guaranteed. What? Did someone get mad because they didn't get on the patio and now it's ruined for everyone? That's a little irritating!!

Oh well!! I guess we'll just take our chances.

178 more days!
:mickey:

slegrant
06-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Im heading to WDW for 3 weeks and when I made our ADR's to R&C I asked for patio seating and they told me the same thing. They said I could request that when I checked in. This will be our first visit to R&C, we are really looking foward to it. Any suggestions on the food ??

Fort Wilderness 6/21/07-7/9/07 Yeah !!

avantgardeinker
06-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I've always known you couldn't make the request when you call for ADR's. I assumed he meant you couldn't request seating at the podium when you check in anymore. Does anyone else know? Maybe there's a CM out there that could clarify?

178 more days!!
:mickey:

TBY2225
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I am not a CM, but I have read lots of post lately on Rose and Crown. This September will be our first time dining there. Most of what I have read says to arrive about 30 minutes or so before you reservation time and request at the potium that you want a patio table. If you don't mind the wait, this seems to be the best idea I have come across. I guess because if you don't mind the extra wait and you are the first ones for that time frame to check in it is "first come first served". Personally to me, if we don't get the patio, we can still go out to watch Illuminations. I don't know if I want to waste my Epcot time just waiting for a table! But, I can understand others that do!!!!!

ElenitaB
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
This has been the policy for a few years now, and yes, I'm sure that it's because at some point, someone did throw a hissy fit when they didn't get a lakeside table. This not only makes the situation uncomfortable for the CMs working at the restaurant (and especially the podium) but also for fellow guests.

I do recall there even being "language" about accepting whatever table we were given, so as to avoid any possible last minute cancellations.

We always arrive early and head over to the tea shop with the blinking beeper, or head back to the garden to see if there's live music.

SBETigg
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sure it's also because everyone wants a patio table and they only have so many to give out. It must get annoying for the CMs to start feeling like patrons are accusing them of playing favorites. It's much easier for them to just give them out as they become available and really, why not? Why should anyone have priority over anyone else? Everybody's time at WDW is important and special. I think it's a fair policy as R & C has become increasingly popular at Illuminations time.

avantgardeinker
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
We've done this for the last 3 years and have never been turned down. I know how the process works. This is the first time I've ever been told I couldn't request my seating at the podium.