PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century buildings

Llamaface23
06-11-2007, 10:12 AM
My boyfriend and I are staying at Pop, standard room, for the first time this August. I recall a few threads about the best (and worst) buildings.

Any good words advice on the best buildings? Ideally, we would be near the bus stop and the food court. Thanks!

caryrae
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Here's a map of the property. http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury.jpg

We stayed in the 50's section building C facing Hourglass lake on the side closer to Classic Hall. That was a pretty short walk to the Hall and because it wasn't by the main pool (Hippy Dippy Pool) it was pretty quite.

Wrigley
06-11-2007, 11:23 AM
We stayed at the POP last summer, and I requested the 60s building because it was so close to the main building (food court, shopping, and arcade). This was a great choice!! I am so glad we were in the 60s. To get to the bus stop all you have to do then is just walk through the main building. Have a great time!:mickey:

caryrae
06-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Here is a couple older threads that should help you out.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=97230&highlight=century

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=94951&highlight=century

KatGat
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
A few weeks ago I stayed at Pop for the first time. It didn't see like any of the buildings were that far from the lobby, pool, bus stop, etc. {Of course, I usually stay at the sprawling POR, so this resort seemed compact.} I'd requested a building far away from the pool because of the noise factor so I was in the 70's building. The walls were a bit thin, but I didn't hear the pool. Just heard conversations on the sidewalk and guests in the room above and beside me moving around. I'm sure you'll have a good time no matter which building.

battle beast
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks!

Soul_Power
06-11-2007, 09:58 PM
My boyfriend and I are staying at Pop, standard room, for the first time this August. I recall a few threads about the best (and worst) buildings.

Any good words advice on the best buildings? Ideally, we would be near the bus stop and the food court. Thanks!

Wow! I could've written this myself, hahaha! My boyfriend and I just came back from OUR first trip, we stayed at POP Century annd we had a standard room. Anyway, we stayed in the 70s building, building #10, room 222. It was a very short walk to the main building (where the food court, gift shop, arcade, check-in area is located), Hippy Dippy Pool and bus stops. I say it took us about five minutes or so? It was a great location!

DizNee143
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
when i stayed at Pop in sept we were in the 90s bldg...and i was so afraid i was gonna be really far way..but OMG..your like all of a 3-5 minute walk (depending on how fast you walk).....just dont follow the walkway..if you cut through the parking lot your there in no time...so personally i think your good where ever you stay at Pop!! hope you have a great time!! :mickey:

grumpycajun
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
We would suggest the 60's building, top floor (no pitty patt of little feet overhead), lagoon side (away from the pool, which can be very noisy until very late.):mickey:

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I love "Pop" and DH & I plan a trip there the end of September to celebrate another anniversary. This time, however, I will pay alot better attention to CM @ registration. Last time got stuck in the back of beyond & had to drive our car to bus area & food court. We weren't the only ones having to do that. Overall we really enjoyed it. Loved the aspect of not sharing bus with AS resorts. Never really had to wait on a bus anywhere, although most mornings were standing room only to any resort. Noise factor not much of an issue except with parents who let their kids run up & down the halls in front of the rooms at all hours of the day & night & these weren't older kids either - these were young ones with healthy lungs! Have stayed at all the other AS resorts, but definitely choose POP over any of them. Have only stayed at POR as a moderate.:mickey:

kadesha
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I would stay in 60s or 70s. I stayed in 50's a few weeks ago and got put way back in the back. It was a long walk everywhere. (but we had a nice view of spaceship earth) If I ever return to Pop,I'll stay in 60's, it's closest to food court and buses. I despised having to get up at 7 am and walk a mile to the food court to get coffee.

caryrae
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
I myself don't mind if the walk to the main building is kinda far even after a day at a park. I love walking through the resort grounds. I expect to do a ton of walking on a Disney trip. With all the walking we do at the parks all day a few hundred feet or more walk from the bus stop, main building, or parking lot to our room is nothing compared to how many miles we walk around one of the parks.

Crow
06-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Here's a map of the property. http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury.jpg

We stayed in the 50's section building C facing Hourglass lake on the side closer to Classic Hall. That was a pretty short walk to the Hall and because it wasn't by the main pool (Hippy Dippy Pool) it was pretty quite.

my 3 times have been in the 50s. last time top floor middle building lakeside was great for a view of Ill fireworks. the walk to main building isnt bad. ill b back in Sept and will probably ask for that again