PDA

View Full Version : Q about toddlers on POTC

teamblackwell
06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi all,
Our 1 year old will be taking his first disney trip in Sept. On the Disneyland.com website, there is a list of all attractions you can take toddlers on. POTC is not on the list. I thought I remember seeing toddlers on POTC in the past. I was mistaken?
Thanks,
Teamblackwell

TexasPrincessAurora
06-11-2007, 12:32 AM
We have been to WDW with our DS when he was 2 & 3, as well as DL when he was turning 3. At times he has liked and enjoyed POTC and at times he's been scared of it...I think it is one of those rides that depends on the child. If you're child is pretty fearless they'll probably enjoy it.

BrerGnat
06-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Babies and toddlers are most definitely allowed!

I have taken my older son (he's almost 3) a few times. The first time, he was about 9 months old. He is actually pretty bored by it. It's a bit over his head (the effects and the storyline). His favorite part is actually the drops, but they are right in the beginning and then it's about 10 minutes of (in his opinion), a pretty boring boat ride. He MUCH prefers It's A Small World.

I took my younger son on it when he was about 6 months old and it was the WORST experience of my life. It was a nightmare for us and the rest of the boat...my son decided he'd completely flip out, scream, cry, etc. and I could NOT console him. I felt so bad, I even told the CM at the unloading dock that the rest of the passengers deserved another ride through. Luckily, our fellow passengers were friendly people and they gave us many sympathetic "it's okay's."

I think it will be a LONG time until I attempt that ride again with my kids. Older DS doesn't really care for it and I won't go back on until my younger son ASKS to.

Be aware that the DL POTC has much longer periods of darkness than the WDW one. Especially in the very beginning, before the drop, and then in the caverns. You may want to bring a small, light up toy or penlight in case your baby freaks out.

If your baby is the easygoing type, and is not afraid of the dark or sudden loud noises, go for it! Otherwise, you may want to try riding alternately while someone waits with the baby.