PDA

View Full Version : Brother and Sister Disney Trip Day 3...Rides Galore!

grego77
06-10-2007, 07:59 PM
We woke up again very early Sunday morning. It was going to be a VERY busy day yet again. We got ready for the day, and walked to the Epcot bus stop. We didn’t have to wait long, and got to Epcot around 7:40. It was EMH day at Epcot, and we were going to make the most of it! :mickey:
We went to guest services right at 8 and got the handheld captioning. We went from there right to Test Track got a FP and rode it. It was our best time on it…sooo much fun! We definitely would do this again! We walked from there to The Land and walked right over to Soarin’ with a VERY short line. 10 minutes later were soarin’ over California (I can’t wait to be there next week!) :cloud9:. We walked over to Figment and Amanda and I both enjoyed the ride, although decided that it was a little TOO cheesy for us! ;)

We walked back to Test Track, used our FPs and went into the holding room with the video. Then I saw them. The CMs with the white shirts that say YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS!:D I knew them all too well, as I was VERY lucky when I went to WDW over New Years and got a Dream Fastpass on New Years Day at MK (probably the most valuable day to have a Dream FP!) and then got ANOTHER ONE my last day (again at MK). Yes, we got a Dream Fastpass, this time duhh…for Epcot. That made my day for sure! We went on Test Track AGAIN and LOVED IT AGAIN! :mickey:

We then decided since it was only like 10 to do a longer ride/show. So we decided to visit my good friend, Ellen and learn about energy. This was my first time into this building and the first thing I said was WOW, IT’S HUGE! Ellen was telling jokes and being absolutely hilarious as usual. Amanda loved it because she had her handheld captioning and was able to follow along well. We then went into this huge room and sat in a ‘time-train I think’ and had a nice leisurely 35+ min ride with Ellen. VERY entertaining…especially on a day with not many crowds. A must-do for me if I have the time to do it ever again!

We then decided to do Spaceship Earth as we knew it would be closing soon for refurbishment (much-needed IMHO) and I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it again for a while. I love the ride, even though that smell from the ‘wood-fires’ towards the beginning of the ride is vomit-inducing!!!Oh well! We almost forgot we had the FPs so we quickly went to Soarin’ again and rode it, and then went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. We both dislike Mission Space, and we knew Maelstrom was closed for refurbishment, so the only other ride to use was Test Track. So we decided to ride it…AGAIN! :mickey:

We then decided to go over to The Seas to see if we could get into Coral Reef a bit early. We got there and were seated only 10mins later. We were in the back, but still had a GREAT view of the tank. I had a sour apple freeze thingy which was delicious and Amanda had a strawberry freeze. She got the salad and I got the crab cakes which were out of this world! I had the mahi-mahi with the greens and Israeli cous-cous. OMG…AMAZING! BEST.MEAL.EVER!:cloud9:Amanda had the NY strip steak and LOVED IT as well. We both had the chocolate wave for dessert and again, loved it. We both thought Coral Reef was the best restaurant of our trip (ps. The meal was $104.00! Thank You DDP!:D) Needless to say, we both gave it an A+.

After the meal, we decided to relax back at POP before going to Downtown Disney for a bit. We watched a little TV and washed up, and at around 3:30 we headed out to Downtown Disney. We went to a few shops, and eventually went to Wolfgang Puck X-Press for a light dinner. It was OK, not great. We then went back to POP to drop off our purchases and headed out for MK for a few hours. We went on Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (both without many crowds at all!), and did a few Fantasyland rides as well. We were both tired, however, and decided to call it a night. We went back to POP, I refilled my drink (again!) and went to bed.

Tomorrow (Monday) would be our last full day. We decided to hit up MGM for EMH, followed by Animal Kingdom for a bit, and then to Epcot for our last dinner at Garden Grill.

Lizzie
06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow what a full day.

faline
06-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Congrats on your fast passes!

Fun day!

Bethanymouse
06-11-2007, 07:01 AM
That is so awesome about the magical fast passes! I am glad that you were able to see all of your favorites! Your meal at Coral Reef sounded delicous! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Whew! I'm tired just reading about this day! You really had a jam packed and eventful day! Congrats on the dream fast passes! That is awesome! And your Coral Reef meal sounded mouthwatering! THanks for reporting!:stitch:

BriarRose0708
06-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok, you've completely sold me on Coral Reef and I can't wait until we eat there! Congrats on your dream fast passes, I hope you bring some of that luck with you in October :mickey:

January-2007
06-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Another fabulous day! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I love Ellen's Energy Adventure too! Glad your sister could understand everything because of the hand held device, that's so great! Thanks for reporting!

grego77
06-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Day 4 and 5 will be up next week due to me being lazy/busy (yes, there is such a thing!) and not being around till next week...BECAUSE I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND TOMORROW!!!
In the meantime, check out my pre-trip report for the DL trip w/my best friend. :mickey:

Wish me luck!! :mickey::cloud9::mickey:

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

grego77
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm back...trip reports will be up for WDW day 4+5 and DL trip by this weekend...I PROMISE! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Congratulations on meeting the Dream Team:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Glad to see you are having such a great time and you even got to meet the dream team!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!:D