PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty Driving Experience

pluto40823
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
My son will be turning 16 yrs old when we are in Disney and we are surprising him with a Richard Petty Drive Along. Has anyone done the experience at the track at Disney or Daytona?? I know he will love either as he is a big Nascar fan. Thanks.:mickey:

trapper
06-10-2007, 07:46 PM
My DH and DS17 did this last year and thought it was pretty cool. Of course they thought they could of gone faster but they enjoyed it. They also would of liked to drive the car themselves but as this was a Christmas gift from me I wasn't spending that much money. They did like it and we liked watching them. :thumbsup:

pluto40823
06-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Thank you Trapper. Did your husband and son do the experience in Disney or Daytona??

tinksmom02
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I surprised my dad w/ a riding experience at WDW speedway. He loved it! He didn't do the ride along, but we watched others do it (and I came this close to doing it myself, and everyone we saw doing it had a total blast!

Your son will love it!

Kenny1113
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
My dad did it there several years ago. He Loved it!!! His only gripe was that he wished he could have gone faster ( there is a pace ?? car in front controlling the speed). My dad is a huge nascar fan also( and a thrill junkie) so your son will probablly enjoy it.

DizNee143
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
i got my fiance the rookie expericence 2 years ago for christmas...and i got to watch people go on the ride along and it looked like they all had a blast!!! you get in a car with a driver and i believe you go around the track 3 times...seemed like a ton of fun...i came close to doing it..but i was scared!!! lol....they will have a blast!!
oh ya...we were at the Walt Disney Speedway...my fiance liked it...he just didnt like that it was banked a lot...(it wasnt angled) that much on the turns...
but he still had a blast getting to drive a Nacar car...and im sure they love getting to ride in one!!! :)

tiggers_1
06-12-2007, 02:09 PM
My Dh & I did the ride along in Daytona a couple of years ago. It was a great experience! (a little faster would have been ok with me though.) At the end we got a certificate with our drivers name and speed of each lap on it.