PDA

View Full Version : Aug 07

BigG007
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Wife, DD, DS & ME

Are about to book a 2 week break in either Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans

do you have any advice on which one we should go for?

:mickey: aug 07 :mickey: can't wait

princessimagineer
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I never stayed in Port Orleans befor but i have stayed in Carribbean befor and i loved it. each island has there own quiet pool. and it was very colorful too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I liked POR. It wasn't overly large, so you can get around easily and you can use the facilities at POFQ side too. It's a very pretty property.

DDuck66
06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
We have stayed several times at CBR and it is our favorite, but I might be biased as it was the resort where we stayed for my first visit to WDW. I like the way the resort is spread out into the different islands. I would recommend Jamaica as it is located directly across the bridge from the shops and food court. It is close enough for a quick trip for snacks or package pickup, but far enough away for some quiet. Each island has it's own pool as well as it own bus stop. The waits for the various busses never seem to be more than 20 minutes.

Llamaface23
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I've stayed at both CBR and POFQ. I loved CBR because of the ambiance and the patio chairs for the ground level rooms (early am coffee with my mom and sis). However, I also enjoyed POFQ because of the great jacuzzi pool (albeit small) and the decorations around the resort.

With all of this said, I'd advise you to check out the resorts on infocentral and on disneyworld.com. See which one interests your family most. Do you like the laidback Caribbean/tropical feel? Or is your family interested in some good ole New Orleans jazz? They're both great resorts. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy either of your choices!