PDA

View Full Version : how do our reservations look??? opinions???????

tink210
06-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone.

Next month we are going to WDW for our seventh trip.

How do our dining reservations look? Opinions on any of these places?
We are on the Disney Dining Plan.

1st night - counter service (to save a table service credit for the 5th night, plus we get in at 5)

2nd night - Le Cellier - 8:50 (only time we could get)

3rd night - Sci Fi Diner - 6:20

4th night - Le Cellier - 8:40 (we wanted to eat here twice...LOVE IT! but only time we could get)

5th night - Yachtsmans Steakhouse - 7:15

6th night - 50's Prime Time Cafe - 8:35

7th night - Alfredo di Roma/Italy - 5:45

8th night - Ohana - 5:30

9th night - Concourse Steakhouse - 5:50

10th night - Crystal Palace - 4:00

So......let me know what yall think.

thanks!

Marilyn Michetti
06-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Sounds like you've got alot on your plate:D, (so to speak).

Let me know how you like Yachtsman. We've always wanted to try it. :tasty:

auntfrannie
06-10-2007, 06:34 AM
They look great! I have several the Yachtmans
for August so I'll be interested to hear your review. 50s Prime Time, Le Cellier, and 'Ohanas are all great. I've only done Crystal Palace for breakfast and it was good. Have a great time!!

JEFFM4622
06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
There are so many great places to eat at Disney i wouldn’t eat at the same place twice in one trip even know I wanted to that’s just my opinion. Le Cellier is a great place I have eaten there:mickey: .
California Grille - Contemporary
Artist point - Wilderness Lodge
Narcoossee's - Grand Floridan
Liberty Tree - Magic Kindom
just some of my favorites :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Sounds delicious. We love Le Cellier too:thumbsup:

cindymouse6
06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I'd replace Crystal Palace with Coral Reef... much, much better... don't know if that's your MK day, but just a suggstion.:marg:

otherwise, looks good!

neilwebmaster
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
good choices

moe513
06-10-2007, 11:35 AM
We could only get Le Cellier for lunch and with 2 seperate tables. I dont think 8:50 is so bad,after all your in Disney.

SBETigg
06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
They all look good. Have an amazing time!

KAT1811
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Love Le Cellier but I agree with JEFFM4622, I wouldn't eat at the same place twice in WDW just because there are so many great places to eat. We love San Angel Inn and there are tons of other great places in World Showcase. :sombrero:

We didn't care for Sci Fi because of the seating arrangements (we sat in the car and half of our party sat facing our backs for the entire meal it was as if we weren't even together) and the fact that I couldn't see my meal because it was so dark in there. :tv:

I've never been to Yachtsman but I've heard good reviews on here. Keep in mind this would be your third diner at a "steakhouse" style restaurant. :captain:

We don't really care for the food at 50's Prime Time but if you get a good server the entertainment is well worth it. They made my mother sing "I'm a Little Teapot" in the middle of the restaurant because she didn't finish her greenbeans and hid the rest in her napkin. :trio:

I liked Alfredo's not the best italian food but good. Our service has always been wonderful and I'd eat there just because it will soon cease to exist in WDW, I'd do a farewell diner. :wine:

We'll be trying O'hana for the first time in a very long time on this trip. Everyone on here raves about it so I can't see how you can go wrong there. :joy:

Concourse Steakhouse is one of our personal favorites. Our service experience here was the best we've ever had in all of WDW. This would be your fourth dinner at a "steakhouse". :eat:

We LOVE the breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace. We've never done dinner here but I've heard good things about the buffet. :tigger:

KAT1811
06-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I almost forgot :welcome: to Intercot :welcome:!!!

Some of our other favorites in WDW:

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review
California Grill
San Angel Inn
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)

Other restaurants I've heard people on here rave about:

Boma
Artist Point
Whispering Canyon
Kona Cafe

tink210
06-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Love Le Cellier but I agree with JEFFM4622, I wouldn't eat at the same place twice in WDW just because there are so many great places to eat. We love San Angel Inn and there are tons of other great places in World Showcase.

Our ALL TIME favorite is Le Cellier......and since we are there for 10 nights this trip, we figured we'd eat there twice.

We thought about going to San Angel Inn, but we are from Houston, so we don't want/need to eat Mexican food in Florida when we can get just as good, if not better, Mexican food here.

We didn't care for Sci Fi because of the seating arrangements (we sat in the car and half of our party sat facing our backs for the entire meal it was as if we weren't even together) and the fact that I couldn't see my meal because it was so dark in there.

This was my sister favorite restaurant. We went there 2 or 3 years ago, and she loved it (we liked it too). So each of us got one pick, and this was hers.

I liked Alfredo's not the best italian food but good. Our service has always been wonderful and I'd eat there just because it will soon cease to exist in WDW, I'd do a farewell diner.

Correct.......we wanted to eat here before it closes.

We'll be trying O'hana for the first time in a very long time on this trip. Everyone on here raves about it so I can't see how you can go wrong there.

We love Ohana. This will be our 3rd time there i think.

As for all the steak places......that is probably our main reason for getting the dining plan. We LOVE steak. It is our family's favorite..so we don't really have a problem with going to a bunch of steak places!!

THANKS SO MUCH for everyone's input!!!!!! Great advice!!!

katzctkpt
06-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Here's the restaurants we've had the pleasure to visit:
Places we liked:
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)
Boatwright's (breakfast & dinner)
Chef Mickey (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Planet Hollywood (dinner)
Teppannyaki Japanese (dinner)

Places we didn't like:
Maya Grill, Coronado (dinner)
San Angel Inn (lunch) absolutely hated this food waiter was rude & food worse. Our kids left vowing never to eat mexican again!

We are leaving in 11 days and trying a couple new places this year. 50"s prime time, whispering canyon, crystal palace breakfast, coral reef, dino breakfastsaurus, & fultons .

Your list looks awesome hope you enjoy!!

GrmGrninGost
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
They all look good with the possible exception of the Concourse. I have heard lots of good things on Intercot about it, but our one experience there was awful. Food was not good and the waitress was worse. Most disappointed! Hope your visit goes better!:mickey:Enjoy!!

PirateLover
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
There is a lot of hating on Sci Fi. I had one great experience there and one so-so. I don't really think it's that big of a deal to sit in the cars. Actually, our overall better experience was when we had a table behind the car area. I do like the atmosphere though and both time we had servers who went far out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.

luvdiznee
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
The only one I can't comment on is 50's (hope to change that someday, though) but the others sound great. The idea of eating at LeCellier 2x seems a good thing to do. OH, can't comment on Yachtsman as well, but looking forward to hearing some feedback on it since we are going in September. I will say at Concourse we had the Lobster Bisque and will give it a thumbs down compared to Coral Reef. Was disappointed. JMO. :mickey: