PDA

View Full Version : garden view at Grand Floridian

magicalwishes
06-09-2007, 11:12 PM
We are staying at the Grand Floridian in a Garden View room in November. Does anyone have any advice for a building and or room request for the best location/view? Thank you:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 09:36 AM
It's nearly impossible to find a bad view at the GF. Most people actually will choose a building based on the amenities it's near. Here are your choices:

Sago Cay - garden views can incldue overlooking the marina or monorail. Closest to Gasparilla's Grill (24 hour counter service), little pathway next to the building leads right to the bus. About a 3 minute walk to the beach and pools. Probably the quietest building.

Conch Key - beautiful garden views. Closest to the boat dock. Takes about 7 minutes to get from this building to the monorail.

Boca Chica - rooms overlook the courtyard pool. I've never stayed here, so I don't know if noise is a factor when you're out on your balcony. Pool is steps away and main building is very convenient. If you ask for a high floor, overlooking Narcoossee's, you may get a peek at the castle.

Big Pine Key - garden and pool views, possiblity of having to look at a portion of another building. Most convenient building to both pools, beach and the main building.

Donald Duck 224
06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
We stayed in Sago Cay. The rooms were nice and we had a garden view.

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
One thing to keep in mind and I should have mentioned this in my previous post, is that the GF is scheduled for room renovations. It's my understanding that the work has begun on selected rooms and it should be completed by mid-December. A building that you request now, may not be available in November, so you may want to have a 2nd choice.

magicalwishes
06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
thank you for your help. we have stayed at polynesian twice with view of the castle. this is a "bonus" special trip for Christmas. I think I got a great deal for a garden view AAA room at GF. Do people discuss what they are paying for their packages to compare prices? I don't mean to be caddy/rude I just am so used to getting the best deal possible.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Do people discuss what they are paying for their packages to compare prices? I don't mean to be caddy/rude I just am so used to getting the best deal possible.:mickey:It's against the terms of service to discuss private discount codes, so you'll only see discussions about the Disney packages and public codes. You can talk about what you paid, just steering clear of any codes.

pox24
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Boca Chica facing Narcoosee's ... 3rd floor will get a view of the lake and CR too. You can walk around the corner and see the castle. Its also a 30 second walk to the boat launch for the MK. :thumbsup: