PDA

View Full Version : Meet SignUp: Saturday Grand Floridian Tea

Hammer
06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Please post here if you are going to attend the Grand Floridian Tea which is to be held at 2:00 on Saturday 10/13. Also please post the number of people in your group, breaking down the number of adults and children.

BronxTigger
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Can you tell me how much it costs per person and how much time it takes? Also, what is offered at the tea? I tried to find information at InfoCentral but came up short. Thanks!

Hammer
06-09-2007, 10:18 PM
The current plan is for everyone to order off the menu at the tea. The price will vary depending on the tea offering you choose. How long it will be really depends on the person. Usually afternoon tea is served at a leisurely pace, usually taking between 1-2 hours. Every time I go to a proper afternoon tea like at the GF, it usually last around 90 minutes

Here is the listing I received from the Garden View Lounge manager:

Afternoon Tea Offerings

The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $25.50 per guest (Example of tea sandwiches may include: cucumber with watercress, shrimp salad with dill, chicken salad with almonds, grilled pear with gorgonzola, and egg salad, each on a different bread.)

Prince Edward's Tea - A delicious array of assorted pates, and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses, served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh-baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port. $21.00 per guest

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $19.50 per guest

Sally Lunn Tea - Sally Lunn bread dates back to the 18th century where it was baked fresh, then sold on the streets of Bath England by the creator. Here at the Grand Floridian, we have carried on this tradition of this sweet yeast bread served lightly toasted with apricot preserves. This is followed by a choice of either trifle or strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea. $13.50 per guest.

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our Mad Hatter tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries $10.50 per guest

A La Carte Offerings

British Cheese Plate - a selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit $12.50

Gentleman's Tea Platter - house-made duck and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, accompanied by marinated berries, cumberland sauce and English Blue Stilton $10.50

Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - $8.50

English Blue Stilton Cheese - served with walnuts and marinated berries $6.95; served with Foncesca Port $12.75

Strawberries and Cream - $6.95

English Trifle - $6.95

Freshly Baked Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves - $3.50

Two Jam Tarts - $3.50

Sally Lunn Bread - $3.50

Lemon Pound Cake - $3.50

Pastries $2.75 each

Specialty Drinks include: Brandy Alexander, Champagne Cocktail, Grand Mimosa - $7.50

A variety of beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic are available)

Non-Alcoholic:
Press Pot Colombian Coffee $5.95
Press Pot Colombian Decaf Coffee $5.95
Espresso $3.19
Cappuccino $3.69
Hot Chocolate $2.19
Milk (hot or cold) $2.19
Chocolate Milk $2.19
Coke, Sprite, or Diet Coke $2.19
Apple or Orange Juice $2.29
Mineral Water $3.25

Selections from the bar:
Fonseca Bin 27, Character, N.V. $7.00
B & B $9.00
Budweiser $6.00
Miller Lite $6.00
Coors Light $6.00
Samuel Adams $6.50
Heineken $6.50
Bass Ale $6.75
Stella Artois $6.75

Champagne and Sparkling Wine:
Taittinger La Francaise Brut, N.V. $74.00 per bottle
Moet et Chandon White Star, N.V. $74.00 per bottle
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut, Sonoma '97 $10.50 per glass, $55.00 per bottle
Domaine Ste.-Michelle, Blanc de Blanc, Columbia Valley $7.50 per glass, $34.00 per bottle
Martinelli Sparkling Cider $5.50 per glass, $22.00 per bottle

*Wine and Spirits available upon request.

Katzateer
06-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Thanks for setting this up! We will have 3 - myself, my husband and our 13 year old daughter.

Carol
06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
I tried to find information at InfoCentral but came up short. It's listed under the dining caption. 5 up from the bottom of that category.

Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp)

ElenitaB
06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Christine, it will be me and Piglet822. Still undecided at this point, but DS might be along as well. I'll let you know.

dlpmikki
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Christine - another two here. Andrew says that Figaro will be there but he won't be eating or drinking!

disneydeb
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
We have dinner ressies at 4:20 in EPCOT, do you think I can make them if we go to Tea at 2:00?

Hammer
06-10-2007, 01:38 PM
We have dinner ressies at 4:20 in EPCOT, do you think I can make them if we go to Tea at 2:00?

It could be a close call making a 4:20 ADR at Epcot as you should probably leave the Grand Floridian by 3.

My bigger concern would be that you will not be hungry for your dinner at 4:20. It is a decent amount of food if you do one of the tea offerings. I'm not a light eater and it is replacing lunch for me and we will eat a counter service dinner around 7:30. Now, if you plan to just have an a la carte beverage, you should still have your appetite for dinner.

disneydeb
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Hammer,
I think this sounds like so much fun! My daughter and her friend have declined, I haven't made my mind up yet. I'll let you know something shortly!

UPDATE:
I have decided to not make this event due to dinner reservations. I hope everyone has a great time though and I'll meet you back at Epcot later that evening for Illuminations!

Thanks for taking care of this!
deb

mrsgaribaldi
06-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Me and I'm going to drag DH. He doesn't know yet so I'm not even telling him:secret:

Mousefever
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Even worse, I'm bringing my 9 year old son and he has no idea the place will probably be swarming with little girls in princess costumes! He approves of the menu though.

Please count the two of us in, Christine!

:dory:

Hammer
06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Even worse, I'm bringing my 9 year old son and he has no idea the place will probably be swarming with little girls in princess costumes! He approves of the menu though.

Please count the two of us in, Christine!

Your son is probably safe from being overrun by little girls in princess costumes ;) :princess: ! This is the regular tea, not a Perfectly Princess Tea Party.

Mousefever
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Well that's a relief! Still he's too young to know that in the U.S. tea is usually a girl thing. Any time I've been to tea there has been nary a guy in sight! At least he'll have Mr. Garibaldi, Mr. Katzateer, and Figaro's friend, Andrew, there as a male influences. (And Ben, I hope!)

TheSorcererofFantasia
06-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Christine, please put me down as a two adults for sure and one more possible. Waiting on her college class schedule, we're hoping she can join us in the World for a few days. Should know in a week or so if she can make it or not. :)

Thank You for setting this up! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
06-16-2007, 08:52 AM
At least he'll have Mr. Garibaldi,

Actually, that's not are name. :blush:
His screen name is garguy though:secret:

Here we go again...
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Christine,
Put us down for 2 (DH and me).
We are still not sure if we are bringing our DD (13), you might want to include her for now and we can cancel if she does not come.

RenDuran
06-26-2007, 01:13 AM
This sounds like a great afternoon activity....My 8-year-old daughter and I would love to do tea!

Mousefever
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Actually, that's not are name. :blush:
His screen name is garguy though:secret:

I actually figured that. But I thought it was less awkward than saying "that guy who is married to the lady who calls herself Mrs. Garibaldi on these boards." I may have been trying to sound humorous too. You never know!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I actually figured that. But I thought it was less awkward than saying "that guy who is married to the lady who calls herself Mrs. Garibaldi on these boards." I may have been trying to sound humorous too. You never know!:mickey:

LOL, I burst out laughing when I read this:thumbsup: I was just letting you know that's all. I think it was very humorous then and now.:mickey: Could you call my husband the above when you meet him??? I would die laughing all over again;)

Hammer
06-30-2007, 11:54 AM
We currently have 23 people signed up for the tea including Angel and Cher's possibles. We have only 2 spots left for the Afternoon Tea as the Garden View Lounge only allows a groups of up to 25 during regular tea hours. If you want to attend this event, please post as soon as you can or send me an email or PM.

Thanks everyone!

Christine

Mousefever
07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL, I burst out laughing when I read this:thumbsup: I was just letting you know that's all. I think it was very humorous then and now.:mickey: Could you call my husband the above when you meet him??? I would die laughing all over again;)

I will try to memorize that between now and then. I look forward to meeting you both!

RenDuran
08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I won't be able to make it to the Intercot meet, so you can take my daughter and I off the list for this event! Sorry....

Would someone please have a cup of tea for me?!

mrsgaribaldi
08-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I won't be able to make it to the Intercot meet, so you can take my daughter and I off the list for this event! Sorry....

Would someone please have a cup of tea for me?!

Sorry to hear that you are not going. I'll have 2 cups for you and your daughter:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi! I'm going to come to the tea while DH and the boys go off and do manly stuff!!! Can you save one seat for me next to Figaro (so I can sneak him some snacks!)? Is there anything else I need to do?? :mickey:

Hammer
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi! I'm going to come to the tea while DH and the boys go off and do manly stuff!!! Can you save one seat for me next to Figaro (so I can sneak him some snacks!)? Is there anything else I need to do?? :mickey:

Jennifer, all you have to do now is be at the Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge at 2:00! You're in!

Everyone, a couple of spots have opened up, so if you are interested in going, please post here or PM me!

sherrynny
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Is there room for one more? If so, please sign me up. I just made plans to come down for the party. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Sherry-n-NY

Hammer
09-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I've added you to the list, Sherry!

Natazu
09-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Christine

Just wanted to see if you have Rachel and I on the list.

Jym

Hammer
09-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Jym,

No worries, I have you both on the list.

Natazu
09-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Jym,

No worries, I have you both on the list.
Awesome. We're really looking forward to meeting you.

MacAddict
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi Christine,

Do you still have room for 2 more? Kelly and I would both like to come enjoy this with other folks. It will be our first time ;)

Mike
:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Christine, would there possibly be room for my DS? He's now coming along for the weekend.

Thanks!

Hammer
09-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, with the addition of MacAddict and guest, plus Ellen's son Ben, we are at compacity for the event. If any other spots open up, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hammer
09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Here is the list of attendees that I have. I'll place your party size next to your name. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed:

Christine (2)
Ellen (3)
Mikki (2)
Jym (2)
Jennifer
sherryny
mrsgaribaldi (2)
Mousefever (2)
Cher-Sorcerer of Fant.- (4)
Katzateer- (3)
MacAddict (2)
I believe I have a missing party as the total is 23, but I can't figure out who it is. Who am I missing?

Edit- I remembered the person I forgot. Jeanne (Piglet822) was part of Ellen's party count.

Natazu
09-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Rachel was supposed to call her mom (Tink's Friend) and see if she wants to come. I just stepped up the timetable. We should know something today. ;)

Hammer
09-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Jym, unfortunately there isn't room for your mother-in-law right now, as we are at the limit. It is possible a space could open up, but I will not know for a couple more weeks. I'll let you know!

Natazu
09-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Jym, unfortunately there isn't room for your mother-in-law right now, as we are at the limit. It is possible a space could open up, but I will not know for a couple more weeks. I'll let you know!
Oh, what a shame. [snaps fingers] I'll let her know the bad news.

Jared
09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Apparently I'm making a surprise appearance at tea. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Hammer
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Jared, you are included in Cher's numbers :).

Jym, one of Cher's group may need to drop out, but we will not know until early October. Your mother in law is first on the wait list :wait:.

dlpmikki
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
If there are still folks who want to go Andrew and I are happy to drop out. :)

Piglet822
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Edit- I remembered the person I forgot. Jeanne (Piglet822) was part of Ellen's party count.

You forgot me? :cry:

Jared
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Maybe Christine forgot you, Jeanne, but I certainly didn't. ;)

See you in 21 days!

Hammer
09-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Jeanne, it was definitely not intentional! In some of my earlier counts, I would forget to add myself and my sister ;) !

Mikki, please don't feel you need to drop out to make room. I have faith it will all work out in the end!

dlpmikki
09-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Mikki, please don't feel you need to drop out to make room. I have faith it will all work out in the end!

I think it was more along the lines that would be people who wanted to go more than we did. We have never done the tea before because we have done similar in the UK and didn't feel a need to go! So just count as two places you can use to make it all work in the end ;)

Tink's Friend
09-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh, what a shame. [snaps fingers] I'll let her know the bad news.

And I love you, too, Jym. ;) LOL

Christine, you can take me off the waiting list and let someone else have the spot if it comes open. I don't know if I was psychic or what, but I just checked our itinerary, and Tim (dh) and I already have ressies for the tea on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. So, even though we won't technically be with the group, we'll be there at the very same time and should get to see everyone.:tink:

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

MacAddict
09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Christine,

So sorry, but the GF Tea is not going to work out for us after all, it will conflict too closely with something else we had planned and I need to give us a little breathing space...its vacation doncha know :)

Sorry about that. Really sounded like fun!

Mike
:mickey:

Hammer
09-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry you won't be able to make the Tea, Mike and Kelly.

Mikki, no need to drop out. We are in good shape. See, I had faith that everything would work out...