PDA

View Full Version : Second Trip to the World, Last Day!

thejens
06-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Second Trip in the World: Last Day!
Sunday, June 3, 2007

We packed up last night, so this morning we head right to our last Character Breakfast at Cape May. The food here is SO much better and more varied than at Ohana’s. The chocolate croissants are very, very delicious! I had two and did not try all the other delicious looking pastries and breads. There is lots of fresh fruit, yummy cheese blintzes, very good eggs, bacon, biscuits with sausage gravy etc. I really liked the yogurt parfait bar with fresh berries, granola, nuts and yogurt. There were more choices that I don’t recall, but I highly recommend Cape May for dinner or breakfast. The characters were also fun. Goofy, Minnie, and Dale (at least I think it was Dale and not Chip) came round and posed and signed. Minnie was cute with shy DS3. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to each other here. Then I was off to round up last minute gifts in the gift shop and spend our remaining meal service credits on snacks for the ride home. I used the leftover snack credits on Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats to bring home to co-workers. I used counter service credits on sandwiches from the gift shop and these made good snacks in the car and even served as dinner when we got home. If you were counting you can see we spent extra on table services and had leftover counter services when we were through. I felt obligated to eat every calorie leftover on the plan and enjoyed a Mickey ice cream on the way home. (I did gain 4 pounds during this week, but after a week of salads and healthy eating I have returned to my normal weight! I much prefer the Disney diet of two desserts plus one snack daily!)

Finally before leaving I checked out the Yaht Club and found a classic Mickey t-shirt to bring home as a gift in the gift shop. It is very nice, but more masculine and conservative feeling. The theme was perfect for a Yaht Club, but I much prefer the cheery, pretty Beach Club for our family. I would have liked to explore the Boardwalk, but alas, a long drive home awaited us. All in all, it was a great trip. I can’t believe that despite nearly 9 days in the World, I feel that there is still so much more I’d like to do! Ahh, now I can start planning our Third Trip to the World!!! Now, first, where shall we stay…..

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all your trip reports.

pdrlkr
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes, I do beleive it's time for the planning to start anew!

January-2007
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
That's funny, we were just the opposite of you all, we liked the 'Ohana breakfast a lot and didn't like the Cape May breakfast at all. Thanks for the report, it's been fun to read. It's so surreal because we were staying at the Beach Club at the same time, but we toured so differently!

thejens
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
It is funny how everyone's opinion differs. That's what makes Intercot fun. I am always trying to love the Poly because of everyone's adoration of that resort, but I can't quite get it.

sleepingbooty
06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Ahhh, the last day, how sad. I enjoyed reading all your reports - thanks for taking the time to share!