View Full Version : Flowers, Storm Troopers, and Barry – Part 4

faline
06-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Short Cast of Characters:
Me
Dear Husband

When: May 31 – June 4

May 31, 2007: (Continued)

Walking back across the park one more time, we pick up fast passes for Peter Pan. Our entry time is listed as 8:10 p.m.!

Continuing on, we take on the wildest ride in these here parts. After our runaway train ride (Big Thunder Mountain), it’s time for a more relaxing train ride back to the front of the park. We barely make it onto the first train that arrives. The people in line behind us will have to wait for the arrival of the next train.

Once at Main Street, we exit the park and head for the monorail. We don’t make it on the first one that arrives and barely make it on the second.

One stop later, we exit at the Contemporary and head to the Outer Rim. We sit in the area just behind the bar, overlooking the pool. At one time, we would avoid ever sitting in this area as smoking was allowed here. Some refreshments and time off our feet is warranted!

The plan is to go back to the Magic Kingdom after dinner but I’m feeling pretty tired and suggest I might not make it back to the park. DH looks so disappointed and says this might be our only time to catch Wishes! I say I may catch my second wind over dinner.

We’re seated about 15 minutes after checking into the Concourse Steak House. I’ve always liked this restaurant and am quite disappointed it will no longer be here. Being able to watch the monorails glide through the Contemporary has been part of the lure of this spot! We have a perfect location on this occasion. We’re seated in a large booth where I have a great view of the monorails sliding through!

DH asks our server about the closing of the restaurant. He seems surprised and asks “Where’d you hear about that?” He says they will close at the end of the year to relocate downstairs and will be replaced by a fast food establishment in the current location, Too many conventioneers, he says, have complained about the hoopla coming from Chef Mickey’s. As he walks away from our table, I hear him muttering about well kept secrets!

DH and I share a tomato and mozzarella salad. Quite good. I choose prime rib and DH has a steak. I wrap up dinner with a cup of coffee. All through dinner, I wonder about Chef Mickeys’ hoopla as it appears to be noticeably absent this evening.

While wrapping our bill, our waiter goes back to the subject of the closing of the Concourse Steak House. He says no-one else has ever asked him about it and seems astounded that we could have known about the closing.

After dinner, we wander through the shops and DH finds a pirate book and skull bottle opener that must come home with us. We take a peek at the new arcade which, I suppose, is nice but there are still memories of the original, huge arcade on the first floor floating around my mind. Does anyone remember the little movie theater that used to be in the back corner? The Skee Ball lanes? And how about the shooting gallery in the corner? Okay. Back from memory lane!

A short walk brings us back to the Magic Kingdom where we’re now able to use our fast passes for Peter Pan. While on the Transit Authority earlier, I spotted Monsters Inc which I had sort of forgotten about so we head there next.

The little girl sitting in front of me is featured on the screen. I know this because I can see part of my blouse in the picture on the screen. Next up – Dear Husband – under the caption that he will purchase churros for everyone! The woman seated next to me looks over at DH and says “Hey. That’s him!”. The show is cute and very fun!

We walk back towards Main Street where Spectromagic is about to begin. We hang out by the Plaza Restaurant while Spectromagic runs. Certainly not a good vantage point but we hadn’t really planned to view the parade. An exasperated woman appears and I hear her say “How can I…?” I think I might be able to help so ask her where she’s trying to go. She says “How can I get my kid to see the parade when they keep telling me I have to move?” Oh, I see. I refrain from telling her she needed to do what all the other folks with good views had done which is to get a spot an hour or so before the start of the parade.

When Spectromagic ends, a mass park exodus begins. We’re able to find a prime viewing spot on Main Street where we have a spectacular view for a wonderful Wishes performance! I’m so glad I returned to the Magic Kingdom after dinner!

We did not rush back to the bus stop figuring there would be a line and we would likely need to wait for 2-3 buses before we could make our way onto one. Imagine our surprise to find that, not only is there a bus at our stop but there is no line to board and there are even seats available on board!

We were barely aboard when the bus pulled out of the stop to return us to Old Key West. We were both quite thirsty and toyed with the thought of going to Hospitality House for something to drink but opt, instead, for a couple of Sprites from the machine at our bus stop.

It felt really good to step into a nice, warm shower! Unfortunately, I discovered I had developed some blisters from my Tevas. Oh well!

Total miles so far this week is 16.89 miles. I didn’t check it when I started out this morning but think I started somewhere around 10 miles which would mean we walked close to 7 miles this day.

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
You got to love it when there is no line for your bus at the end of the day.

thejens
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow, I never had that luck with busses. I love BTMR. Sounds like a great day.

Beach Club Babe
06-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Sounds like a wonderful evening and a great end to your first day!

pdrlkr
06-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

BronxTigger
06-10-2007, 03:43 PM
And to think that this was your travel day. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

T-Belle
06-10-2007, 04:41 PM
What a full day! You must have been exhausted! Thanks for the report. By the way, I remember the movie theatre.

offwego
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I think the bus luck is amazing! Sorry about the blisters. Did you try the new bandaid stuff? I really found that helpful.

Your reports are always so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

pogo
06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Don't you just love the MK days ? :yes:

I'm glad you made it to the Laugh Floor. It's one of my favorite stops at MK. :mickey:

Gotta read more. :D

faline
06-12-2007, 05:34 AM
I Sorry about the blisters. Did you try the new bandaid stuff? I really found that helpful.

I didn't. I did use moleskin but may need to look for what you're talking about!

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry about your blisters....but is it any wonder????? :confused: You sure do pack a lot into your days! We will be trying the Concourse Steakhouse for the first time in October ... and we LOVED the Laugh Floor. When do I get my Churros? ;)

January-2007
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the report. My DH was also on the big screen in the Monsters Inc. show. I forget now what the caption was though... Glad you had a good, although exhausting day.

sleepingbooty
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Fun night! Aren't you glad you went back after dinner!:thumbsup:

DizNee143
06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
im really sad that concourse steakhouse will be leaving also...i just found out about that restuarant last January!...at least ill get there in Nov before they close...
sounds like you ended up having a good night!! you guys must of been exhausted though!! :mickey:

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
It does sound like you had a very relaxing dinner at the Contemporary. :mickey:

Glad that you got that second wind to make it back to Magic Kingdom. Spectro is one of my favorites now! :D

ElenitaB
06-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Linda, you tired me out with just your description of your looooong day!

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for sharing.