PDA

View Full Version : Help! Where to eat?

DawsonAR
06-09-2007, 05:24 PM
My DH and I have an upcoming five day trip ALONE. We usually travel with our two small children. With that said we do a lot of character meals. Since we are alone this trip, we want to try other things. We are staying at the CR. We want to spend as much time in the parks as possible, but will go to another resort to dine if we need too. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

January-2007
06-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Our favorite restaurant so far is the Grand Floridian Cafe. When we went in January it was quiet, relaxed, beautiful, and delicious. Since you are staying at the Contemporary Resort, why not try some of the restaurants there, like the California Grill or the Concourse Steakhouse? It would be really convenient and easy for you to spend more times in the parks and less time spent in transit for meals. Of course all the signature dining places right there on the monorail line and even with a quick boat to the Wilderness Lodge makes adult dining easier than ever for you. Happy planning.

SBETigg
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh, you will have so much fun! WDW is a great place for adults without kids and such a different experience if you are used to traveling with the kids. Look into the Signature dining experiences-- those are often very worthwhile for adults traveling without kids. California Grill is a good choice. Narcoossee's, Jiko, Artist Point.

In the parks, Hollywood Brown Derby (at Disney Studios). Epcot's World Showcase is great to explore and really enjoy without the kids. Try some of the wine-tastings (Italy, Germany, France) and maybe just snack and investigate around the world. Le Cellier, Marrakesh, San Angel Inn, Rose & Crown- all good choices. Bistro de Paris if you want something special (not on the dining plan) or Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. Enjoy!

dolphinmickey9170
06-09-2007, 06:27 PM
My DH and I are going for 5 nights in August with no kids.

Here are our choices:

8/11 Wolfgang Pucks for dinner
8/12 Kona Cafe Breakfast
8/12 California Grill dinner
8/13 LeCellier dinner
8/14 Rose and Crown dinner
8/15 Hollywood and Vine dinner
8/16 Olivia's Cafe lunch

Maybe our ADR's will give you a little inspiration.

JEFFM4622
06-09-2007, 08:56 PM
all are great just some are better :mickey:

LandFan
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
My DH and I are going in November and we have some inspiration for you too!

Le Cellier
California Grill (to view wishes)
Jiko
Rose & Crown (to view illuminations)
Liberty Tree Tavern (for lunch)
Coral Reef

We don't have any kids so sometimes go alone when we aren't taking nieces and these are some nice places.

wilshade
06-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I would say the most adventurous place to dine would be Jiko's. The cuisine is different and the setting exotic.

I woudl also recommend Yachtsmen Steakhouse in the Yacht Club. Top of the line steaks. Service is near regal.

DawsonAR
06-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the great tips. Anymore suggestions will be appreciated. I am making the ADRs tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone.

cindymouse6
06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
We go lots without our kids and love romantic spots... our fav's...
California Grill
Citrico's
Yachtman's steakhouse
Bistro De Paris
Artist Point
Sunday brunch House of Blues (incredible)
Kona Cafe breakfast
Flying Fish
Victoria and Alberts
Le Cellier
Hollywood Brown Derby

Have a romantic memorable trip! Lots of fireworks and dancing... we like to catch Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls late at night for dancing and music...:marg:

LibertyTreeGal
06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh my! Well, as I am tenatively planning a trip with my mom I will tell you what I would do

LTT for lunch
Marrakesh
Jiko (easy to do after a day at AK)
LeCellier

Tinkerbellfan
06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi-

Our part of 4 adults are heading to WDW in December. Here are the restaurants we will be eating at duing our stay:

Artist Point (Dinner)
Jikos (Dinner)
Narcossees (Dinner)
Chef De France (Lunch)
Le Cellier (Lunch)
Rose & Crown (Dinner)
California Grille (Dinner)
O'Hanas (Dinner)
Bomas (Breakfast)
Kona Cafe (Breakfast)

And, Beaches & Cream (no ADR allowed - I think)

Good luck deciding!

Enjoy!

cindymouse6
06-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Is anybody else getting hungry besides me???? Can't wait for 3 weeks.... patience is not my virtue!:confused:

DawsonAR
06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
OK, I don't leave until November and I'm dying for disney food right now! I need to plan a trip soon!

KAT1811
06-11-2007, 09:44 PM
We love San Angel Inn (Mexico). A riverside table and a :marg: (in WDW without kids!!!)what could be better?!?!?!

Others I'd try:

Le Cellier
Concourse Steakhouse
Jiko
Artist Point
Victoria & Albert's
Blue Zoo (just because it's Todd's)