PDA

View Full Version : My trip report June 2 - 9

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 04:53 PM
The trip was a week, but I'll make the report short.

Of course we hit the parks and went on the rides. A few highlights:

Epcot - Did this in two days. Did the front half one day, the countries a different day. Suggest that you see the movies, as they are air conditioned and let you chill out for a while. Plus they are entertaining. Epcot has so much concrete that it's the hottest of the parks, I think.

DTD - I was picked to be "Greta the plucky fiance" for the Adventurers Club radio broadcast. This is a great (family friendly) club, which is free from 7 - 9pm each night. Check it out if you can!

Pressed pennies - we got almost every single pressed penny at MK. Just missed a few, which we will get during our September trip. Then we'll work on the Epcot pennies.

Went to the first Star Wars weekend at MGM. Crowds were light, as the weather was a bit questionable at first. We got a little rain. No biggie. Stormtroopers patrolled the area. It was fun! Jabba's Hut (star wars merchandise store) was a disappointment. Not much there to choose from. Sounds Dangerous was closed due to Jedi Mickey being a meet and greet at that location.

MK - The Smoothies at Auntie Gravities are wonderful. Got to meet the mayor. Town Hall ladies asked me if I was enjoying the Humidity Festival. LOL. Spectromagic is better than the fireworks, I think.

Food at Coral Reef is way overpriced for what you get. Raglan Road and Ohana's were very good.

We stayed at SSR. Wonderful, wonderful resort. Quiet rooms. Pools were fun. Luv being by the bar and having a cold drink in hand.

We decided to switch a few ADR's when we got to Disney due to timing of where we were, etc. It all worked out pretty good for us. Couldn't get into Le Cellier at the last second. Oh well. Good Steaks abound everywhere! I was surprised that San Angel Inn was booked the entire night... you can get Mexican anywhere. Oh well, to each there own. Enjoyed Tony's, Crystal Palace, Sci Fi (food is just ok there, we were there for lunch. DS enjoys the silly film clips), Spoodles, and Rose and Crown Pub. Cold beer on a hot day is a good thing!

That's all I got!

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow thats a lot of pressed pennies. I tried to get them all at DL one time I saved my change. But I still didn't get them all.

pdrlkr
06-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Sharon1026
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow thats a lot of pressed pennies. I tried to get them all at DL one time I saved my change. But I still didn't get them all.

Yes, I was glad to get the pennies, as our ziplock bag of quarters was pretty heavy! We really had a kick getting those.

BronxTigger
06-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the report. That is a lot of pennies. I hope you didn't go over weight on your luggage on the way home ;). It sounds like you had a good time. So, you managed to time your visit to coincide with the Humidity Festival. I think my trip is planned during the Festival as well. :thumbsup:

faline
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Glad you had a good trip! You went on quite a pressed penny quest!

Bethanymouse
06-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks for sharing. I am glad that you had such a great time. I always wanted to try out the adventurer's club.....glad you had fun!:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Did you set off the metal detectors with all those pennies? Thanks for sharing your report! :stitch:

joannep2bc
06-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Hostile takeover...Now that was funny. So I am not the only one who misses Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. You write great reports. Many thanks.

January-2007
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the report!

DTD - I was picked to be "Greta the plucky fiance" for the Adventurers Club radio broadcast. This is a great (family friendly) club, which is free from 7 - 9pm each night. Check it out if you can!

When we went a couple of weeks ago we had to provide our PI Ticket to get in, and it was before 8. I've never heard of this being free anytime...

Bethis26fan
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
sounds like a great trip.

princessgirls
06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
A wonderful trip!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

pogo
06-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. It sounds like you had a great time. :D

Sharon1026
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the report!

When we went a couple of weeks ago we had to provide our PI Ticket to get in, and it was before 8. I've never heard of this being free anytime...

Yes, we went up to the entrance and were asking the CM about pricing/discounts since we are AP and DVC members and Florida residents (I was ready to whip out my library card, if that would save me a buck in any way shape or form!) The CM told me it's free until 9pm.
I think it's a teaser to get people in there and get them hooked for the evening.
The last "show" before 9 is the radio broadcast. When it's over, then let you out thru the back, which takes you out pretty much out of the club. If you want in, you have to buy a pass after that. Pretty slick set up.

Sharon1026
06-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the report!

Did you set off the metal detectors with all those pennies? Thanks for sharing your report! :stitch:

We live outside of Tampa, so we drove. No metal detectors for us!!

:stitch2:

Glad there are other stitch fans out there!