PDA

View Full Version : Second Trip to the World, Day 8

thejens
06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Second Trip to the World Day 8, Friday, June 1, 2007

I let everyone sleep in and we headed to Typhoon Lagoon by abut 10:30 a.m. The day was a bit overcast and this perhaps kept the crowds down. I’ve never been to a Disney Water Park before, and have been reluctant since I associate water parks with noise, chlorine, lines and crowds. This is the most beautiful water park I have ever seen. The gorgeous tropical landscaping soothed me as we meandered in and came to the Wave Pool. The big boys headed for the waves, while my DS3 found the nearby “giant puddle” with the little tugboat sitting in it. All the toddlers loved this area while parents had no problem finding seats to observe both areas. We bought the free re-fill mugs and took turns watching the little ones and big guys. The wave pool was quite impressive. It wasn’t hot enough for me to really want to get soaked yet. We then took turns riding inner tubes around the lazy river. Again I couldn’t get over how beautiful it was. I am sure I saw orchids growing along side the “river bank.” DS3 sat atop his little float and absolutely loved this leisurely ride. For him it was quite an adventure! We did it two more times later in the day. We headed next to Ketchakiddie Creek. What a great place for little ones! DS3 pranced like a puppy from one little slide to the next, ran through the winding stream, dashed through the sprinkler areas, trotted up a hill and back again. The big boys played forever in a water cannon fort area and enjoyed "battling" with other kids. Then DS3 found the mini rapid ride. He rode this little ride about a million times carrying his own raft back to the entrance (the raft was as big as he was) without slowing down for a minute. I had to place him in the raft and lift him out each time, but I couldn’t stop because his enthrallment was so contagious. “Again, again!” he cried out each time, vibrating with excitement! Finally we all snacked on some mediocre hot dogs and chicken wraps. We pretty much had to drag our children out of the water to refuel them. DS9 and I rode 3 nearby tube rides (Mayday Falls, Family Raft Ride, and ?Kalilah? Falls???) They were a little exciting but not scary. We never made it to the big rides, but it was nice to just follow the kids without any agenda (gasp!) today. It sprinkled on us a few times, but stopped quickly. The downside was that I never felt hot enough to really appreciate the cool-off benefit of a water park, but the good news is that it was never crowded and we didn’t have to wait for our rides. The park was a nice, relaxing surprise to us all!

We headed back to the Beach Club to freshen up before dinner at Le Cellier. The boys wanted to play with their light sabers and Mom and Sis napped (lightweights!) I distributed dollar store ponchos to everyone since it was now raining. Jenny and I and DS3 headed to Epcot and checked out France before heading to Canada. This area is so beautiful. I think it really captures the essence of Paris. I love the details such as the artist's supplies and bicycle by the “Seine.” We didn’t shop or do much, but just appreciated the beauty and manifiqe landscaping. The gardens surrounding Canada were equally striking. I believe both of my trips have corresponded to the Garden Festival (last year during April Spring Break.) Is it always this beautiful??? I must say Intercottees have not steered me wrong on this dining choice! Le Cellier was wonderful. We began our meals with the beer cheese soup, as recommended. It was very good. DS3 used it as a dip for his bread. He preferred the sour dough, Mom and I preferred the multi grain, but the others liked pretzel bread best. All yummy! I must say the shrimp cocktail with the asian slaw was an excellent appetizer as well. We all had the mushroom filet which was excellent. The best dessert was the duel crème brulees, one maple, one regular. The chocolate “moose” was adorable and delicious too. I would have enjoyed a drizzly walk through the world World of Epcot, but the boys really wanted to go to Disney Quest, so off we went. Jenny, Mom, and DS3 headed back for a quiet evening and early bedtime. I am not a fan of video games, but I must say Quest is done well. I thought the Virtual Pirates of the Caribbean and Buzz Lightyear games were especially fun and the kids just loved all the “free” video games. The lines were too long for some of the “hot” games. I am glad we checked it out, but wouldn’t care to pay for the opportunity to go again. The boys, however, are another story! I am sure they would spend an entire day or two here if allowed. I am sad they are planning to replace it with ESPN zone. That change seems to dilute the area into yet more of a shopping mall, removing something unique and fun for kids and game lovers. We head home at midnight wondering how we will be able to make the most of our last (boo, hoo) day in the world tomorrow!

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Sound like you had a blast at the waterpark. We went to both of them last trip and I think they were my favorite days.

January-2007
06-09-2007, 04:45 PM
We noticed the bicycle and paintings while looking towards France too, so neat! So glad you enjoyed your day, thank you for sharing it with us!

pdrlkr
06-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-10-2007, 04:34 PM
The descriptions in your report are terrific! What a fun time your family had at the water park! Glad you enjoyed your dinner at Le Cellier!

sleepingbooty
06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Your dinner sounds wonderful, my mouth is watering!

princessgirls
06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
A most wonderful day!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey: