PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #52

King Triton
06-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Today we complete the moderate resorts competition. Back in Question #11, you were asked to pick between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. In Question #15, you were asked to pick between the two Port Orleans: Riverside and French Quarter. Both votes were close, with Caribbean Beach and POFQ emerging victorious. Now, we pit the two winners against each other. Which will it be: Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans French Quarter?

In case you missed it, Question #51 was in the Movies and TV board.

I may try to get Q53 in this weekend, if not, on Monday. That one will be in Dining.

Spaceship Tigger
06-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll probably never stay at either one (I prefer Coronado as a moderate), but if I had to pick I would go with the theme of CBR over POFQ. I've tired to like the PO resorts but just don't like the theme.

PirateLover
06-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Haven't stayed at POFQ but I have to say I was very disappointed with almost every aspect of CBR when we stayed there a year and a half ago. Had to go wit POFQ for that reason.

rnin02
06-09-2007, 04:31 PM
CBR is great...beautiful landscape, nice and quiet, bigger rooms...that being said we are trying POR this trip.

KAT1811
06-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't really care for either, we LOVE Coronado Springs, but if I did have to pick I would do CBR. POFQ is just too dark and dreary, I don't care for the decore at all.

tinksmom02
06-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Haven't stayed at CBR (not at PFQ, either, until Sept!), but from what I've read here, CBR is very spread out, while POFQ is nice and cozy. We really like the boat to DTD, too!

WDWfeelslikehome
06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I went with POFQ, we have yet to stay there, but DW loves the idea of the carriage ride.

wilshade
06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Voted for POFQ. It has always interested me. I will try it one day. Definitely will try it beofre I try CBR.

GrmGrninGost
06-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I have not actually stayed at POFQ but I did vote for it from what I've heard and read. We made a short stay at POR and really liked it. We are going back there in Sept. We also made a short stay at CBR and liked it very well. But, being an old southern boy, POFQ intrigues me!:mickey: I hope we'll be able to try it soon!

Mickey91
06-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Had to go with the POFQ. It is so peaceful and quaint. Has a real southern feel to it. We liked Caribbean Beach, but I voted for POFQ for the relaxation factor.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I stayed at CBR and never at French Quarter.... However, I have looked at pics of French Quarter, and I was not impressed... The theme of CBR is way better than French Quarter, so I voted for CBR...

BritCody
06-10-2007, 03:06 PM
The French Quarter. A nice riverside view room, short boat ride to the Marketplace and Doubloon Lagoon pool what a nice start to a vacation

darthmacho
06-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Interesting thing is that both of the ones I voted for last time lost, but I'll go with FQ between these two. :mickey:

RAIDER
06-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I went for the CBR .. i love the laid back atmosphere :thumbsup::mickey:

DDuck66
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
We have always loved CBR, but maybe because that is where I stayed at my first trip to WDW. Either way, I would rather stay at CBR. Generally speaking I have never cared for New Orleans, where my corp headquarters is located. I have been to several of the islands in the Caribbean, and I think the themeing is very realistic.

avantgardeinker
06-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I love the look of POFQ the best, although I haven't stayed at either resort.

178 more days!!
:mickey:

MsMin
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I've haven't stayed at either or any mod for that matter. My parents stayed @ CBR and loved it some years ago. I don't like the New Orleans theme b/c when I go on vacation I want something different. New Orleans is beautiful with it's lovely architecture and unique style but I would always be comparing it to the original and I get bothered when things are not accurate like the HM movie where the property is not something you would find in the city and the mansions are more on the river than the swamp:(
I did go in the POR gift shop once (our packages were accidentally sent there) It reminded me more of St. Louis or something from Huck Finn than N.O.

Juggalotus
06-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm going with Caribbean Beach. Its the only one I've stayed at though. I'm hoping to stay at PO in the future though.

Kairi_7378
06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Like Darth Macho, both of my choices lost in the other votes. The theming at CBR doesn't appeal to me. We had a great time at POR so French Quarter gets my vote.

Tynkerbelle
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Although I've never stayed at POFQ, I voted for it (I voted for POR last time around - my fav mod). I've checked out the grounds - and the beignets (sp?) - at POFQ at it looked quaint. CBR was nice, but didn't excite me....

I like the fact that at POFQ, I can take the boat to DTD or to POR (Boatwright's). I like the theming better, too. I think CBR is just too big....

mook3y
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
POFQ... because it is close to POR. :D

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:40 PM
caribbean beach since i've never stayed at POFQ maybe i'll check it out soon and get back to you!
:goofy: