PDA

View Full Version : Bobby's 2 Week Jaunt To The Magic, May 19-20

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I have returned from a wonderful 2 week trip to Walt Disney World... I had a wonderful time, all went well... The dates of my trip were May 19 to June 5th... May 19-20 and June 4-5 were spent traveling to WDW and back home again, so I will combine those dates... I will post a day by day recap of my time there, starting in this post...

MAY 19: This was the first year I took a train... My train was scheduled to leave Newark Penn Station at 11:40 .. But, as always, travel was delayed, but not by much... The train pulled into the station a little after 12 and soon we were seated...

The trip down was very smooth... Nothing really went wrong.... The tracks are a bit bumpy, shaking and rocking the car a bit... No biggier though... I had my DVD player, iPod, and books to keep me busy... I spent the 24 hours on the train planning out my itinerary, going over my dining ADRs, watching a few movies, listening to Disney music, and reading.... Time seemed to fly by....

May 20: I arrived in Kissimmee around 11:30 AM.... Our friends, Julie and Elliot, were there to pick up me and my friend Mike... We loaded our luggage into Elliot's car and took off for Pop Century... Before stopping at Pop, we went to Downtown Disney Guest Services so I can redeem my Annual Pass voucher, and so Mike can buy his... Now, it was off to Pop...

Unfortunately, our room at Pop was not ready.. We were told to come back or call by 2.... So, we left to get some lunch.... so back to DTD we go... We ate at Earl of Sandwich (look for reviews of my dining choices soon in the Dining section).... Then, Elliot drove us around to show us a lot of the new construction going on in the Orlando/Kissimmee area.... I was amazed... 2:30 rolled around and now our room was ready, so we went back to Pop to check in....

Our room at Pop was in the 60's section, 1st floor, right outside the pool... I requested the 50's but didn't get my request filled.. But, no biggie... I could never complain about our room.... We brought our luggage to the room, and just crashed... Julie and Elliot hung out while Mike and I just relaxed.... My friend Jen and her girlfriend Linda showed up around 6:30, and off to dinner we went...

Dinner was at a place called Mimi's Cafe... The food was delicious.... I had a shrimp and pasta dish.... The meal was one of the best I ever had..... After dinner, we went back to the room for a little while, where everyone left us to rest.... Mike and I fell asleep pretty fast....

As I stated, the first two days were spent just getting to WDW and settling in.... Monday, May 21st will be our first day visiting the Disney theme parks....

To Be Continued......

January-2007
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for reporting. We also took the train home from our trip last week. Glad you liked it. This was our third train ride. Next time we're going to drive again. :D

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Earl of Sandwhich is our fist stop when we get there too.

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for reporting. We also took the train home from our trip last week. Glad you liked it. This was our third train ride. Next time we're going to drive again. :D

What day did you leave? What train were you on? I was on the 98 coming home and WOW what a terrible experience.... But, that is for another trip report...

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Earl of Sandwhich is our fist stop when we get there too.

This was the first time I ate there... And it won't be my last... I loved that place....

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Bobby, thanks for reporting. I've always been curious about taking the train (I've done it between New York and Chicago and have had varied experiences). What kind of sleeping arrangements did you have? Did you sleep in your chairs or did you have one of a sleeper compartment?

Sounds like a nice arrival day!

pdrlkr
06-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Bobby, thanks for reporting. I've always been curious about taking the train (I've done it between New York and Chicago and have had varied experiences). What kind of sleeping arrangements did you have? Did you sleep in your chairs or did you have one of a sleeper compartment?

Sounds like a nice arrival day!

Hello, Ellen... I was in the coach section, so I slept in my chair... Although, I didn't really sleep... I cannot sleep sitting up.... The chairs did recline a bit, and there were legs rests that came out from under the seat.... But, I am more comfortable laying down sleeping than sitting up.... Next time, I plan on taking a sleeper car....

BronxTigger
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I like Earl of Sandwich too. I can't wait to go again in August. Thanks for the report.

faline
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
That was a long trip to get there! I really would have been looking forward for a good sleep after that trip!

Bethanymouse
06-11-2007, 07:12 AM
:D2 weeks! Well no wonder! We were missing you in the games forum! Sounds like you are off to a great start! I cant wait to read more about your trip.:D