PDA

View Full Version : Poly theming vs CBR theming

Cinderelley
06-09-2007, 02:03 AM
We stayed at the Poly before, but I didn't think the resort's theming really had an "island" feel to it. This time, I booked CBR for the caribbean island feel. Is it well themed or is it like the Polynesian's theming?

PetefromRI
06-09-2007, 10:58 AM
We really love the Poly so I don't know what you'll think of CBR but we love it.We found it to be very relaxing and there's quite a few pools.The foodcourt is awesome and we feel that the theming is very nice .Give it a shot,we love it.Just remember that this is a moderate so the rooms will be smaller and of course there's no monorail.Out of all the mods,CBR has the largest rooms.

PirateLover
06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Interesting. We booked CBR because we loved Poly's tropical feel and just couldn't afford it. We ended up joining the few who really didn't like it. At the time we went, the upkeep was very lacking. The beach and parking lots where strewn with debris and for us it wasn't nearly as nice as the Poly. But others will say that it's great, don't miss it. So I'm really not sure what to tell you, but wanted to share my experience. I will say that if price isn't an issue, I wouldn't pick CBR over Poly. If it is, than maybe you'd want to give it a try.

TiggerRPh
06-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Personally, I think the Poly theming is more immersing than CBR's...they're both done very well, but I think Poly's is better.

Cinderelley
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah. I know I'm in the minority here with not liking the Poly.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to stay with CBR because that's where my friends want to go, but I now know what to expect.

moe513
06-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I think cbr is beautiful with all the clusters of brightly colored buildings. Its not as dreery as poly. The poly screams 1970.

minnie-mouse
06-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Poly has the lush tropical landscaping that truly makes you feel like you are on a hawaiian vacation. CBR is beautiful too, but not a deluxe resort so things are not kept as well as Poly. But CBr is great theming, they have caribbean music playing, the brightly colored buildings, the white sand beaches and lake, definitely a laid back yet fun atmosphere. The food court is nice, large seating, good food and festive.

I think you might find CBR a more lively place than Poly. Good luck, I am sure you will like it.

MNNHFLTX
06-14-2007, 10:49 AM
To me the two resorts have different types of theming. The Polynesian is going for the South Seas type of theming, while the Caribbean Beach Resort is (of course) aiming towards more of a Caribbean feel. Both succeed to a certain degree. The CBR's brightly colored buildings and beach area are very tropical-looking. IMO, though, the main pool/slide at CBR is not nearly as nice as the volcano pool at the Polynesian. And I prefer the more compact layout of the Polynesian, with its lushly landscaped walkways.

NJMan66
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Personally, although I loved the CBR and think it is a great moderate hotel, I felt there was not much of a "theme" at the resort when you compare this report to others within WDW.

Pinoke68
06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I personally would take the Poly over CBR anyday, but that's just me.

I think the landscaping is more lush/tropical, the main pool is bigger and better-themed, they have better dining choices (O' Hanas, Kona Cafe) and the rooms were recently renovated as well. Of course, for me at least the fact that it's on the monorail is a major plus.

I dunno about the CBR, we've stayed there twice and can honestly say that I'll only stay there again if all other mods/values are booked.

But who knows? You may have a great time and it may end up being your fave. You gotta try everything at least once. Have a great time!!!!!!

Cinderelley
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
definitely a laid back yet fun atmosphere. I think you might find CBR a more lively place than Poly. Good luck, I am sure you will like it.

Laid back and fun is definitely what we're looking for.

I guess the big draws to the Poly aren't musts for me. Yes, the monorail to MK was nice, but getting to the other parks wasn't any better than any of the other resorts we stayed in. In fact, I would rather stand in line to get on one bus to go to Epcot than stand in line for one monorail just to get off and stand in line again for another monorail.
We really enjoyed O'hana's but we didn't eat there while we stayed at the Poly. There are too many other restaurants to try.
As far as the pools, if we want to spend time in the water, we hit the water parks.
I wasn't thrilled with the customer service at the Poly either.

But in 75 days, I'll be hitting the hammocks by the lake at CBR!!!:cloud9:

Septbride2002
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
You are not alone with your opinion of the Poly. I liked the Poly and I'm glad I stayed there, but I wouldn't spend the money to stay there again. We only paid $98.00 per night, and I felt that was dead on for what you got. However the new room decor looks interesting.

CBR - I like the exterior of CBR. I like the colorful buildings and the pretty landscaping. The pool and beach are also nice. What I didn't like was how spread out everything was and that it took a good 10 minute walk to get to the food court. The room decor isn't all that wonderful - it is bright for sure, but seemed IMHO tacky. But to be fair I was already ticked off about the long walks.

~Amanda

fatboy
06-16-2007, 02:46 PM
It really isnt fair to compare the two!! The Poly is Well over 300 an night, The CBR is HALF that. CBR is a great resort. Good theming. The Poly is also a great resort. It better be for the nightly costs.