PDA

View Full Version : DL at Christmas

maizey05
06-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Does DL have a Chistmas party like WDW does? If not, do they have any special festivities for the holidays. I'm thinking about a trip there. Thanks:thumbsup:

maizey05
06-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Doesn't anyone know about DL at Christmas???

tinkwest
06-18-2007, 03:52 AM
DLR does not have a special Christmas party like they do during the Halloween season. But they do decorate at great length, Santa visits both parks and the hotels, his reindeer are corralled at Disneyland's Reindeer Round-up, special treats & drinks are available throughout the Resort, Haunted Mansion & it's a small world are switched to holiday versions, the fireworks have a special seasonal addition, and the Christmas Fantasy Parade comes to Disneyland, and more. If you enjoy the holidays, this is a fun time to visit.

:santa3:

EvilQueensRock
06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Just wondered if DL keeps the holiday decor up past New Year's Day? We're thinking about taking a trip the first week of January.
Thanks!

NotaGeek
06-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Just wondered if DL keeps the holiday decor up past New Year's Day? We're thinking about taking a trip the first week of January.
Thanks!

The Evil Queen DOES rock, and she's my favorite character! :thumbsup:

DL starts taking down their Christmas decor starting the 1st week of January ... so you might miss a lot of it, just hope that HM and IASM are still up, because their Holiday overlays are amazing!

tinkwest
06-30-2007, 03:18 PM
This year the Haunted Mansion in its Nightmare Before Christmas version and the Christmas Fantasy parade ran through Sunday, January 7th. I believe most of the decorations stayed up until then also, so it's possible you may be lucky enough to see the park decorated during the first week of January 2008.

:twocents: I have visited DLR post-Christmas while festivities are still going on & decorations are still up. At that point in time I had had enough "celebrating" (you know how the holiday push begins before Thanksgiving even arrives) and found it a bit much to still be listening to carols and viewing Christmas trees in the new year. So it didn't make as good of an impression on me as it did when I visited prior to 12/25. I was ready for the holidays to be over and for things to get back to normal.

EvilQueensRock
07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I'd love to be there over Christmas break, but my company blocks out vacations from Thanksgiving thru New Year's, so I usually take the first week of the year. Now I just need to figure out when my dd has to go back to school!
thanks for the tips!
Andrea