PDA

View Full Version : If you had just one day in the parks....

DisneyorBust
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Which park would you go to?
What rides are the "must do" rides for you?
Where would you eat?:eat:
This is a little game that the family likes to play, helps pass the time between trips!:D

disneykat
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
This actually happened to us in March 2006. We found ourselves in Orlando with a one day park hopper. DH, DD (then 7), and DS (then 9), and I arrived at MK about 15 minutes before opening. After the gates opened, we made our way to our traditional favorite, Splash Mountain. We wandered around MK riding all of our favorites until it got crowded around lunch time. We then took the monorail over to Epcot. We got a fastpass for Soarin' then wandered around the world. We were able to eat in the Mexican pavillion without an ADR. Although the food isn't that great here, we just love the atmosphere. It's also a nice way to cool off. We rode Soarin' and hit a few more favorite rides. We also picked up a few traditional treats such as the fudge in Germany. As evening approached, we headed back to MK. We got a FP for Splash then had dinner at Pecos Bills. We were able to walk on several other rides. We watched Wishes then headed for the Haunted Mansion. It was in the line for HM that I noticed how tired my kids really were. DD had walked the entire day just as much as we had. We ended the evening with a quick stop by the Main Street Bakery before returning to our hotel at about 11:30. Wow. . .what a magical, fun-filled day!! The kids still talk about our one day mickey marathon!:mickey:

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
First of all if i only had one day in the parks...i would cry :(

BUT, if in the event i had a park hopper, i'd start at AK at opening. Ride EE, and KRR. Then "hop" on over to MGM to ride ToT and R&RC. Stop for lunch at Hollywood and Vine. Then i would take a bus over to EPCOT. There i'd ride TT, MS, JII,SE, and wander aimlessly around WS, maybe stopping for a chocolate crepe in France and a trek into the shops in the UK. Then in the evening i would hop on over to MK where SplshM,PoC,SM,BTMRR,HM,HP,PPF,MPM,CoP, and Dumbo or AMCR would be must-dos. I'd conclude my day with Wishes! and a hotdog from Casey's and a stop by the candy store and shops on Main Street while waiting for the crowds on MS to calm before making my way back to the GF.:cloud9:

Goodness, only 36 days!!

JOrdan:]

MMouse6937
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
If I only had one day I would probably spend the whole time in MK and EPCOT. I would start at EPCOT and ride JIYI (love Figment), Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track and then head to MK for lunch at Casey's. I would start in Tomorrowland and ride everything making my way around. I have to ride Peter Pan, HM, POTC, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and BTMRR. I would finish with dinner at Crystal Palace and then shop on main street until the parade and fireworks. Great topic, wish I was there now! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I would spend the day at MK. I would ride Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan, Splash, Big Thunder, Carousel of Progress, Space Mtn., Buzz, TTA, Small World, Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, the Carousel, WDW Railroad, Liberty Belle and the Country Bears.:mickey: I would also try to meet and greet a few characters! As far as eating, it would be breakfast at Crystal Palace, lunch at Cosmic Rays and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wow!! What a day!

Riri529
06-09-2007, 02:20 PM
-Epcot
-Soarin' (believe it or not, I haven't been. My children are scared!! I hear it is fantastic.)
-Alfredo's

crazypoohbear
06-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Magic kingdom.
Dinner at crystal palace.
IF there is time I would monorail to Epcot for Soarin', TT, Figgy, Norway, and drinks around the world.