View Full Version : Our Unexpected Trip 5/19 - 5/25 Day 5

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Cast:
Me - Amy, Disney fanatic and planner, 38
DH - Gene, willing participant, 40
DD - Sam, totally hooked, 6
DS - Chris, huge Pirate fan, 4

On Wednesday, Gene and Sam went to the food court for our drinks. Chris had by now discovered that the Power Rangers are on Teen Disney every morning and it was hard to get him away from the tv! After granola bars in the room, we headed to Animal Kingdom. Sam had really been looking forward to this day because she wanted to video the safari and take the tape in to school for her kindergarten class to watch. So with that being our main goal, we headed towards the safari. We saw Flik on the way and stopped for a meeting. I love his poses! He was funny - he actually pushed the stroller with DH for a couple of feet. The kids were amazed when they looked out of the stroller and saw Flik! Another great character moment! We continued on to the safari and found a line for the fast passes. And a huge traffic jam with people and strollers and shops. What a mess! Soon we found out that there were no fast passes because there was some kind of "incident" with the animals and the ride was shut down. We did try again later in the day, but it was still closed. We never did find out what happened. After that disappointment, we watched the performers in Africa. The kids sat up front and they were speechless. Chris wanted to know if he could learn to do that! Then we headed to the bird show. I am not a huge fan of birds, but I really like that show. We saw it last year too, but I don't know how much the kids remembered it because they were really amazed this year. We all had to duck (no pun intended :blush:) when one of the birds made his flight out to the trainer in the stands and Chris thought that was hilarious. After the show, we lined up for the Nemo show. The line was long, but once it started moving, it really moved. We were sitting in the air conditioning in no time. The show was absolutely great. We all loved it. I thought the puppeteers on stage might be weird, but they really just added to the experience. I was surprised at how long the show actually is though. I didn't time it, but I am guessing it is over 30 minutes. After the show, I would have tried to avoid DinoLand, but Chris had spotted it when we were lining up for Nemo and I promised that we could go back. So we went and played a few games, but thankfully the kids were discouraged quickly after not winning anything. Afterwards, we headed to Restaurantosaurus for some happy meals for the kids and :beer:s for Gene and I. It was hot and they were cold!! We thought about sticking around for the parade since we have never seen this one, but instead opted to go miniature golfing. The kids had been talking about golfing for weeks and my cousin the CM had comped us so we figured we would give it a try. We walked out to the busses and figured we would just take the first resort bus, then change to the Blizzard Beach bus. I forget which one we got on, but the bus just happened to be stopping at Blizzard Beach so it was a quick ride to Winter Summerland. We chose the winter course and really enjoyed it, especially for the price! Plus, I beat Gene! Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel for dinner in the food court and an early night to bed.

Tomorrow: Breakfast at Cape May, shopping, AK and Epcot

pdrlkr
06-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I wonder what happened with the animals.

faline
06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry to hear you weren't able to get on the Safari!

I though the Nemo musical was longer than I expected as well. It's a great show, though, and well worth the time!

Bethis26fan
06-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
06-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks for reporting. Nice having a CM in the family, isn't it? Free mini golf, good times.

DizNee143
06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
sounds like a good day at Animal Kingdom..and glad you got to try out the mini golf!! :mickey: