PDA

View Full Version : Flowers, Storm Troopers, and Barry – Part 2

faline
06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
B]Short Cast of Characters[/B]:
Me
Dear Husband

When: May 31 – June 4

May 30, 2007: I’m up early. My plan is to get to the office early and get out of the office early. Although I’ve planned this before, my track record for success is nil. For once, this strategy actually works! Usually, it’s quite easy to get in early; not so easy to get out again!

Promptly at 6:30 a.m., I hit the button on the Southwest web site and up pops “A” boarding passes. I’d be a much bigger fan of Southwest if they’d just move to assigned seats so I wouldn’t have to go through this!

I arrive home before my DH. When he arrives, we do a last check of the house and out the door we go. :car: As we drive down a road not far from our home, I comment on how it should be Monday before we drive down that road again. Wrong!

About 20 minutes from home, DH realizes he left his sneakers in the family room at home and still has his dressier, office shoes on his feet! Oops! At least our flight doesn’t leave for another 13 hours!

Suddenly, however, instead of my nice, pleasant Prince Charming of a spouse, I find myself sitting in an automobile with Grumpy! I tell him it’s okay but it takes the retrieval of his sneakers, a few munched crackers (He’s hungry), and getting under way again before Grumpy leaves and Happy takes his place!

Traffic isn’t as bad as expected so it’s not long before we’re checked in to the hotel and the car is parked for the duration of our trip. We drop our bags in our room and head directly to the restaurant for dinner. I had a really good veal dish here in January and am hoping to order it again tonight. I’m disappointed to find it’s not on the menu now. Oh well! We order potato skins for an appetizer and they are very yummy!

We’re not as lucky with our entrees. I order a salmon which is okay but a bit dry. DH orders a steak which he says is good but a little overdone. All in all, we had a much better dinner here in January.

After dinner, we stop in the lounge for a drink before returning to our room. We’re in bed by 9:30 :sheep:[with the alarm set for 3:45 a.m. as well as a request for a wake up call at the same time.

offwego
06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
That's a mighty early wake up call.

Funny how being hungry can make so many of us touchy about stuff isn't it?

Glad you got your A passes. I have not been able to get DH to use Southwest because of that dilemma.

thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Beach Club Babe
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry that your meal wasn't such a good one! At least you have a lot to look forward to in the next few days!

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Good for you getting out of work as planned! :thumbsup: I'm sorry your dinner wasnt' as expected...but you have so many to look forward to at WDW!

pogo
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Too bad about the sneaker thing. :doh:

But you are on your way..... that's all that matters. I hope you could sleep OK ! :D

Lizzie
06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow thats an early wake up call. I can't even fall asleep at night if I have to get up that early.

pdrlkr
06-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

thejens
06-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I have travelled many a time with Grumpy. Funny how many times it can happen before realizing how important food is to everyone's disposition. Too bad about the meal, but Le Cellier is in your future!

BronxTigger
06-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Ah, at least you were only 20 minutes away when he realized the sneakers were at home!

...off to read more...

T-Belle
06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
WOW that's early! But somehow it's ok if the next time you lay your head down it's on a WDW pillow!!

January-2007
06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for reporting.

sleepingbooty
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
I like the idea of staying in a hotel near the airport the night before leaving. We've got an early am flight too - may consider this!

DizNee143
06-14-2007, 04:17 PM
that seems like a really good idea about staying at the airport the night before your flight!! im gonna have to try that out one time!!...
also im glad grumpy wasnt around for long and that happy came back fast!!!..
i always manage to forget something each trip!! lol

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Sometimes those days before you go on vacation can be the most hectic. Glad that you and Gene made it to your hotel and got settled before your flight. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
My theory is that karma makes the day before vacation doubly busy (and sometimes stressed) so that you'll REALLY appreciate the vacation coming your way.

Sorry that the low blood sugar hit the same time the suddenly remembering the sneakers did! It's taken me 11 years to realize that sometimes all DS needs is a bit of food to get back in a good mood. Too bad the salmon and steak wasn't up to par, but soon you'd be dining at Le Cellier (again, the karma thing ;) ).

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
wow that's and early morning start