PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Coronado

Crow
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
check in wasnt too bad on the 29th. except they didnt put my park admission on the Key to the World which i didnt know until i tried to get into Epcot:( sent to Guest Services where they gave me a temp.
CS is a very nice resort...large. i got a room in the ranchos again, right by the quiet pool and close to bus stop 3
there was some kind of noise like a generator or something that bothered me some at night, but otherwise the room was fine once i found it.
the inside bar is being rehabbed to make it bigger. meanwhile there is a lakeside bar which will remain open once Siestas reopens.
bus service wasnt too bad. one morning there were people waiting a bit for a bus. of course in the afternoon the buses arent as crowded. i did stand coming back from the parks after closing once or twice as the crowds were bigger than i expected at the parks.
didnt see a whole lot of convention traffic...afew having drinks etc
Pepper Mkt was ok. nice selection. you could even get a steak on the DDP if you wanted as a CS meal.
Panchitos had a decent selection. i used some snack credits i had left there.
id put it up among my top 2 mid resorts
questions?

countrycharmer
06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry, but I am a bit confused by your note.....Francisco's is the inside bar that was up for rehab. While that was being done they opened an lounge outside that would continue to stay open when they finish with Francisco's rehab.....Siesta's is the pool bar, and as far as I knew that was not being touched....so long story short....did you just get confused or did Siesta's pool bar also close?:marg:

Crow
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
confused sorry. i wasnt looking at my guide of it as i typed. i didnt hit Siestas.
just the waterside bar...too much:marg::beer: on the trip confused me.
they said Franciscos couldnt handle the convention crowds thats why they are expanding

Hammer
06-09-2007, 12:15 AM
I think what Crow is saying is they have opened a bar along Lago Dorado, which seems to be on the other side of the lake from the pool area and Siesta's, In addition, Francisco's will reopen inside the main building, thus giving Coronado Springs 3 bars when everything is complete.

I am understanding you correctly, Crow?

Dedivah
06-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the review, Crow.

DH and I will be here in August and I was having some second thoughts. Now I am so looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

I just have to make sure that our park tickets and DDP are on our cards before we leave the counter at check in. ;)

wilshade
06-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Just stay away from the Maya Grill! I stayed at Coronado and was happy with the resort and with Pepper Market. Maya Grill has institutional food and lousy service.

WishesFan13
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
DH and I were there in October and loved the Maya Grill. It was one of the best steaks I've had at WDW and our waiter was awesome, he appeared the second we needed anything.

Crow
06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I think what Crow is saying is they have opened a bar along Lago Dorado, which seems to be on the other side of the lake from the pool area and Siesta's, In addition, Francisco's will reopen inside the main building, thus giving Coronado Springs 3 bars when everything is complete.

I am understanding you correctly, Crow?

correct. sorry for being confusing.
the bar that just opened is by where you rent the boat things, right outside the main building. its not that big, but ok. the had frozen slushy drink machines going w margaritas etc. i had a few drinks, margarita on the rocks, mojito...just as a prep before catching the ME to the airport.
i didnt try Maya but took a pic of the menu posted.