PDA

View Full Version : For those who have eaten dinner at Kona Cafe...

mickey-mouse35
06-07-2007, 07:48 PM
OK, I know it's early, as I'm still months away from our trip, but I've been salivating over the Kona Cafe menu trying to decide what I want when it all sounds so good. :eat: So, for those who have been and tried these dishes, which of the following do you recommend:
* crab cakes
* chowder
* potstickers
* coconut almond chicken
* turkey medallions?

:thanks:

wendy*darling
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
We enjoy Kona Cafe.
Of the foods you listed, I have had both the crab cakes and the pot stickers and was very pleased with both! :eat:

I have also had the Pan Asian Noodles and the Macadamia Mahi Mahi. Both are yummy! :tasty:

And for dessert- the Kilauea Torte and the White Chocolate Cheesecake are terrific! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
06-07-2007, 08:06 PM
We've eaten at Kona a number of times and can recommend the crab cakes, chowder, and turkey medallions.

The press pot of Kona coffee is also a favorite.

Crow
06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
just ate there Saturday
crab cakes were great!

SurferStitch
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
The crab cakes are delicious! DH had the chowder and really liked it, but he said it wasn't the best he's ever had.

I had the shrimp and scallops entree, and DH had the filet. Mine was fabulous, DH (again) really liked his, but it again wasn't the best (Cali Grill, Narcoossee's and Le Cellier win there).

Dessert was excellent. I had the chocolate macadamia nut tart, and he had the creme brulee.

sleepingbooty
06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I absolutely love crab cakes - do you know if they serve them at lunch as well?

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
The crab cakes are 100% meat.... not filler. They are fantabulous. I also love the Shrimp and Scallop entree. Kona is my favourite restaurant. :thumbsup:

Funcruiser56
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Skip the turkey- the taste is good but they are very dry. My DD ordered them, even the server recomended not to order them. DD did like the veg that came with them very much though.

Bev

Jared
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Kona Cafe offers one of the best crab cake appetizers I have ever eaten. The Kona chowder is also delicious, the crab cakes are special.

For your entree, I suggest the shrimp and scallops, finished with the Kilauea Torte for dessert.

mickey-mouse35
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks, everyone--this is awesome info!
Looks like so far I'll be getting crab cakes and chowder and dessert and Kona coffee--will I even have room for an entree?

So everyone recommends the shrimp and scallops--thing is I LOVE shrimp but I do not care for the scallops. Do you think they can take them out? :D

THANKS AGAIN--can't wait to go!!!!

splashtest
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
The crabcakes are fabulous. Try the stickey wings!! They are to die for.:cloud9:

luvdiznee
06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Crab cakes were great. But even though they are not on your list, the wings are excellent as well. Oh yeah, my son loved the turkey medallions.

Natazu
06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Top marks to the crab cakes and the pot stickers. I haven't tried the turkey or the coconut thing. Rachel likes the chowder. The Shrimp & Scallops and the Filet are awesome. I would expect that if you don't like scallops, they will substitute shrimp.

wire0monkey
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
The potstickers are really great! I was the only one who ordered them at our table and my DH and MIL were coveting them when they came out.