PDA

View Full Version : I am so frustrated!!

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
:mad::ill::mad:

I am so mad. We have 2 vacations booked for August and December. My DH is a :fireman: for Baltimore City and his schedule is set in stone. He works 2 days, 2 nights and off 4. And every 6th trick he is off for 12 days. So I am able to know exactly when his trick gives him time off. Last year he put in for a transfer from one piece of equipment to another; same house. Well, today he gets notification from his department that his transfer went through. However, he is going to be moved from C (#1 his trick off) shift to D (unknown # for his trick off) shift. This messes up our entire trip, both of them. My schedule is not a real problem, except for the fact that I work 3-12 hour shifts in the ER and I go to nursing school the other days of the week, until July 11th. Then this semester ends and I can go on vacation. So, free dining is out. I start the fall semester at the end of August. My job is pretty lenient with what I do. But BCFD is killing me. So to speak. I'm sorry, I just have to vent!!!:(

I don't want to cancel. Since we are DVC members, we have 33 more days to make changes without losing points. So...... I sure hope this works out in our favor. May we have some pixie dust please?

I'm sorry it's kind of long. But I still just needed to vent.

jodijo
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Here is some :pixie: from one firefighter wife to another. I hope everything works out!

SallyP
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
:thumbsup:
Congrats to your husband for getting the transfer he wanted.
Keep the faith! You'll still get a great Disney vacation. You might need some :pixie: but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

Raye3201
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Pixie dust as requested: :pixie:
Hang in there - it'll probably work out just fine in the end....a little more planning and changing will probably be required but it'll be worth it.:mickey:

tinktude
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
From one Firefighter wife to another, the changes in shifts can be brutal on vacation plans, but I am sending lots of :pixie::pixie: to make all your plans turn out right.

Dsnygirl
06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
:mickey: Sending some scheduling :pixie::pixie: your way!! I hope it works out for you guys! (I'm a nurse, too, and you'll find it's usually always easier for us to manage our schedules... but at least one of you will be able to be flexible! good luck in school!! :thumbsup:)

DizNee143
06-08-2007, 09:11 AM
i hope everything works out for you guys!!! heres some pixie dust..hopefully it will help!! :mickey:

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

dolphinmickey9170
06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you everyone for your pixie dust, it must have worked. My DH got home from his shift this morning to tell me that our December vacation will not be affected as he will be switching to D shift with his kelly being a 4. This falls exactly over our December vacation. However, he will have to make a swap for the August trip. But things are looking up. Again, thanks everyone. I appreciate your positive thoughts!! I knew I had some friends here. :grouphug:

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Glad to hear that it's working out, Kristin! Here's some more :pixie: just to make sure!

Good luck with school as well! Nurses rock, but Intercot :nurse: rock even more! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Congrats on his promotion. And I'm glad that at least one of the trips has worked out so far. Here's pixie dust that the other works out too.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

crazypoohbear
06-10-2007, 10:23 AM
:congrats: on things working out for you. Hopefully everything will come together for August as well. Maybe we'll see you there?!:mickey::mickey: