PDA

View Full Version : Summer Months - Which weather is worst?

Figment78
06-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Of June, July and August, which month's hot/humid/wet weather most negatively impacts your vacation plans?

In other words, is there a particular month you avoid because of the weather?

ibrowse17
06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Being from the south, I will tell you that the earlier in the summer you can go the better. June is better than July, and July is better than August. Each month will be close to same as far as rain goes, but it will be hotter in the late summer months. The rain will be mostly in the afternoons, and not last for more than an hour or so. The rain will cool things of for a short time, but then the humidity really sets in... Night time will give little relief from the heat. Have a great trip any time you go:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
August is definitely usually the worst. Temps peak in early August, but you get fewer afternoon thunderstorms to break up the heat. Also, August is beginning peak hurricane season. That said, crowds in August are lower than July and I'd rather have higher temps and lower crowds because the difference in terms of the way the heat feels between August and July is almost negligible.

Bubbie Girl
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
We have always gone in the summer and I would have to say August. But if its the only month I can get a trip in to WDW then I would go. Oh yeah:mickey:

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Lovely, im going in July.:mad:

kakn7294
06-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Well, none of the summer months are good unless you don't mind bone-melting temps and sweltering humidity. As previously stated, June is better than July and July is better than August. However, after temps in the 40's and freezing cold evenings in the parks this past December, I must say I much prefer those summer temps and will be sweating buckets in August!

forbella
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Hot and muggy...I'm from Memphis, TN and I try each year to prepare myself and family as we get ready to embark on the annual (knock on wood) trip to DW by spending more time outdoors...it's hot and muggy here as well, but it just doesn't compare to DW the first week of August. Because I'm a teacher, it's been the only time I/we can get to go and enjoy our highly anticipated DW vacation and we just tend to make the best of it. We are happy to get the short showers, but not the thunder and lightning...yikes!:mad: It's Electrifying (had to go there) nothing scarier/funnier than watching DW cast members walk quickly past me warning me to get to safety as we feel the clap of lightning! :thedolls: