PDA

View Full Version : Riverside or French Quarter?

markr09
06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
My family and I have stayed at POR a few times now and we're doing it again in August. We're only staying there because of a certain discount we get but were sort of sick of it to be honest. We like it, its just there are so many more hotels out there. We were wondering if there would be a big difference to staying at the French Quarter. I'm sure this question has been asked several times before but I couldnt find the thread. So, for those who have stayed at both or even just seen both, what do you prefer?

krorx
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
We prefer POFQ mainly because of it's size. It's smaller, has a more intimate feel. The pool is themed with a dragon slide which kids seem to enjoy. I personally like the look of New Orleans so I guess that appeals to me more too. Also, when we were there, we were first to get the bus in the mornings. Not sure if that's the case now. :mickey:

BelleBeauty
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Both sections of the resort have a distinct feel. So if you have the discount at both but are looking for a change, POFQ would work well.

melcha
06-07-2007, 01:40 PM
PORFQ for sure. smaller, better bus service better pool with slide.Riverside too large and buses are always full.:mickey: