PDA

View Full Version : Too much planned????

mygirlz06
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Here’s the scoop – we are going to be at Disney from 12/6 – 12/15. For the first 3 days it is just me, DH, DD 5 and DD who will then be 18 mths. After that we are staying off-property with my DH’s family. I want to make the time with just our immediate family special. My 5 year old has been before so she knows the drill but the 13 month old just came home 2 months ago (both my girls are adopted from India) and will probably be on overload. We will be taking a lot of breaks but I am concerned specifically about too many character meals. I make my ADR’s this Saturday!:mickey:

Thursday – Dinner at Crystal Palace
Friday – Bippity Boppity Boutique in the AM
1900 Park Fare for dinner
Saturday – Chef Mickey’s for late breakfast before we go meet up with the rest of the family.
Sunday – Ohana’s breakfast for all 14 of us.
Thursday – CRT for all 14 of us

What do you think, am I trying to squeeze in too much in the first 3 days? Are these good picks?

TIA!!

tyandskyesmom
06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Just judging from meals I'd say no. It sounds good...great in fact! All your meals are with different characters and as long as the rest of your plans are not commando style, i think you'll be fine!

Congrats on your new child and enjoy!

24 more days!

BelleBeauty
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I think that you will be fine. Though your DD might be on overload - you never know, she may love every second of it. If you find that things are overwhelming, you can make some other ADRs. At that time, you shouldn't have a problem finding some place to eat.

Another option would be talking with a CM, asking that they let you know right before the characters approach your table and taking your younger DD away. This way DD 5 can still see her characters and your younger DD won't be overwhelmed.

CRT with 14 people -that would be a lot for the best of us :mickey: But it sounds like a ton of fun!

LibertyTreeGal
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
You know, adopted recently or not, it is the same with any young child -- keep a close eye on them and travel at their pace. Leave the five year old at the park with a parent while one goes back for naps if necessary. I don't think that being adopted is going to play into it nearly as much as the child's basic personality and ability to cope with all the activity just in general. You are the mom, you can spot the warning signs, so just be on the lookout. :mickey:

Congratulations, there are a ton of adoptive parents here on Intercot and I am blessed to be one of them (see avatar).

But to answer your question, it seems okay of a schedule to me :thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Well first of all, i think its great that your an adoptive parent. simply wonderful!

And i agree, i think you did a great job planning! As long as you have a stroller with a cover over the top so that your youngest can nap through the parks you'll be fine, or as long as you have a little time planned to take a pitstop back at the resort. And all of the charecter interaction would be great! I dont think ive seen an infant, toddler, child,teen, or adult that doesnt like the characters, nor been overwhelmed with them. But everyone is different. And you did a good job of picking character meals with different characters.
Good variety!

I think you'll be absolutly fine! Have fun!

JOrdan :]

mygirlz06
06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Ohhhhhh, I didn't mean to imply that because she was adopted she would be on overload - I just meant because of her age. Sorry if it came out wrong.:blush:

Thanks for all your help - I love the idea about the stroller cover! I didn't even think of that.