PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian

mygirlz06
06-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Well this is our first stay at the Poly and although it’s only for 3 nights, we hope to go back next year for longer. I am really having trouble nailing down a good room request – can anyone help? I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old so we will be utilizing the Monorail. My husband and I would like balcony so when the kids are sleeping we can sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere. :cloud9:

BTW, we loved WL so we are hoping that the Poly at least compares.

pshokie
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Google Tikiman 2001. He has an awesome website that will really help with Longhouse Selection.

I would recommend the Tokelau, the rooms are slightly larger and the 1st floor has patios, 2nd & 3rd have balconies (not all longhouses have balconies on the 2nd).

krorx
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree. Tikkiman can give you all the info you could ever want about the Poly. We stayed in Rapa Nui. If you're not into paying for the view, it was very nice and quiet and close to the monorail and TTC. Have fun ! :lei:

Chrisx2
06-07-2007, 05:22 PM
If you are getting a garden view, Rarotonga was a great location to the Great Ceremonial House. We have also stayed in Tahiti. While it was further from the main building, it was an easy walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center to catch the monorail to MK or EPCOT. It was also next to the beach so walking out to see the fireworks was easy. Have fun!

TiggerRPh
06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
I prefer Tahiti....if you can get a lagoon view...the view is spectacular. The other reason is that you're a 5 minute walk from the TTC and the monorail to Epcot.

Jen C.
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't stress too much about a longhouse request. It is simply a request, and during my stays at the Poly (value season nonetheless) my requests were not met. For example I requested Samoa or Tokelau, or anything close to the GCH, (I was 8 mo preg) and got Rapa Nui.
Still a great place, and an awesome stay, but a request is never a sure thing anyway.;)
Have fun!:mickey:

pshokie
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't stress too much about a longhouse request. It is simply a request, and during my stays at the Poly (value season nonetheless) my requests were not met. For example I requested Samoa or Tokelau, or anything close to the GCH, (I was 8 mo preg) and got Rapa Nui.
Still a great place, and an awesome stay, but a request is never a sure thing anyway.;)
Have fun!:mickey:

Too true. We requested the Tokelau, with an additional note that we wanted to stay on the 3rd floor on the "quiet" pool side (trying to snag one of the Castle View rooms). When we got there, they could not fill our request. But they could fill 2 out of 3 requests, 3rd Floor & Pool Side. We got the Samoa facing the (louder)Volcano pool. But with 2 small kids, we did not want the ambient noise from the pool keeping them up at naptime/night.

So we asked again about Tokelau. Our CM asked if we still needed the 3rd floor option, we said no. First was and foremost was Tokelau, everything else was gravy. When we said this, he hooked us up with 3rd Floor Tokelau on the garden side. Granted, no Castle View, but it was very peaceful and a great location for us, especially at naptime.

And a special Thank You to CM Tim at the Poly who hooked us up.:thumbsup: