PDA

View Full Version : 180 LITERAL days, I guess, for ADRs

Roo Girl
06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
SO frustrated right now!!! I called earlier this week, on June 5th, to start making my ADRs for my trip beginning Dec 5th. That is 6 months, 180 days out but not 180 LITERAL days out apparently. On June 5th I was able to make 5 ressies over Dec 5 and 6th. The CM even told me that I can make more because I'm in the 190 day window that some restaurants allow, etc. But I decided to confirm up some plans and call back today. Which I did. And guess what?? They can't make any ADRs for me because they are only booking for Dec 4th arrival dates. HUH??? How was I able to book ADRs 2 days ago then?? So inconsistent. I have to call back TOMORROW. :mad:

Just to be safe, I had the CM check the ADRs I currently made and those are still intact. I have to say that I'm very frustrated right now- now I have to start counting days to make ADRs? June 7 to Dec 7 is 6 months but its 179 days so I have to call back tomorrow...

Sorry- I need to vent.

Willowwind
06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
You mean you haven't been counting the days?! LoL... I've got a day by day countdown on my paper calendar and a gadget on my computer desktop. It seems like it's taken forever but I'm at 180 days today :woohoo:

Had someone told you at some point that you could book your ADRs six months out? Because I've ALWAYS been told 180 days. What places have a 190 window?

Roo Girl
06-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I must be a dodo head or something but I assumed 180 days = 6 months and I've ALWAYS been able to make my ressies on that mark, i.e., june 5th for a dec 5th ADR. I was able to do it 2 days ago, but apparently that was done in error. That same CM I talked to 2 days ago told me that "certain restaurants allow" ressies made 190 days out...the ones I got, and the ones that apparently allow a 190 day ADR are Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef, Boma and Le Cellier. I'm sure if I tried to do this again, I would be shot down. Seems that the rules changed between Tuesday and today...

Ian
06-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I totally agree with you about Disney's inconsistency.

I have no problem following the rules as Disney sets them out. The issue is that their own CAST seems to have problems understanding and communicating the rules!! Very frustrating ....

amy711
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
It is not really a 190 window. If you are making your ADRs at the 180 day mark, as a courtesy to people staying at the WDW resorts they allow you to make reservations for up to 10 days after your 180 day mark.

Willowwind
06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey Roo Girl, look on the bright side,
you'll be in Disney in 181 days!!!

Woot woot!! dance baby dance! :woohoo::yay::dance:

LoL... okay, I'm a little excited about my trip in December, can ya tell???

SBETigg
06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
So basically, the CM who let you make the ADRs a few days ago shouldn't have allowed it? I called early once and they told me the date I could call back, so obviously they keep track of the information. I can understand frustration with the inconsistency.

It sounds as if the first CM is confused on the policy. It's kind of funny that all of us here are WDW policy experts above and beyond a number of the CMs.

Roo Girl
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
So basically, the CM who let you make the ADRs a few days ago shouldn't have allowed it? I called early once and they told me the date I could call back, so obviously they keep track of the information. I can understand frustration with the inconsistency.

Yup. That's what 2 separate CMs told me this morning. Those ADRs shouldn't have been taken. Which led me to immediately confirm that they do, indeed, still exist!! (They do.) I would never have freaked out if the rules were the rules but you can't say that on one day, something can be done; but on another day, it can't? That is just frustrating to the planning process.

I'll stop venting now. :D

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't blame you for being frustrated. I hope you can get the other ADR's you want. :)

thrillme
06-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm really not a fan of this whole ADR thing. I can't imagine how anyone has a CLUE when they're going to be hungry at what time and for what?:confused:

I can RARELY decide what I want for dinner till THAT night.

I wish it would go back to the old way of making your reservations the "day of" or the "week of" your arrival. The only exception being parties of something like 10 or more.

This whole ADR 180 days (6 months) is just crazy.

Shucks...a hamster could have a couple of litters in that time.

angedeaile
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/reservations.asp

Hmm..I don't see any that are 190.

The thing I guess that confuses me a bit is I have heard you can make ADRs 190 days before hand if you are staying at a on-site resort.

Is that true? I guess I am all sorts of confused.

vamaggie
06-07-2007, 02:54 PM
I totally agree with you about Disney's inconsistency.

I have no problem following the rules as Disney sets them out. The issue is that their own CAST seems to have problems understanding and communicating the rules!! Very frustrating ....

I know how hard it must be to train and manage a staff as large as WDW has but with all the tech available, you would think they would devise a computer program that does not allow ADRs before the date and will allow them as long as they are w/in the 180 window. Whenever you put "human error" into the equation, human error will occur!!! Glad to was in your favor this time Roo Girl!! Good luck getting your other ADRs!

Roo Girl
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
The thing I guess that confuses me a bit is I have heard you can make ADRs 190 days before hand if you are staying at a on-site resort.

Is that true? I guess I am all sorts of confused.

I'm definitely staying on-site- at the AKV under my DVC points for the first time. But still, there should be one rule- 180 days and that's that. This is the first I heard of the 190 day rule- the lines seem blurred. Which took me that much more by surprise when I couldn't make the ADRs today and I figured I was right on time this time. Sheesh...

robhink
06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm definitely staying on-site- at the AKV under my DVC points for the first time. But still, there should be one rule- 180 days and that's that. This is the first I heard of the 190 day rule- the lines seem blurred. Which took me that much more by surprise when I couldn't make the ADRs today and I figured I was right on time this time. Sheesh...

If you are not staying at a disney resort then you would have to call back each day to make reservations 180 days out, Dec 5th = June 8th, Dec 6th = June 9th, etc.

If you are staying at a disney resort you can make reservations for 180+10 days, meaning that once you've reached the 180th day out from the day you check in you can make reservations for that day plus the following 10 days, so in this case on June 8th you can make reservations for dates from Dec 5th to Dec 15th if your vacation extends that long. I'm not sure why you were able to make ADR's earlier this week but as of tomorrow you will be able to make ADR's for all of your dates.

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm really not a fan of this whole ADR thing. I can't imagine how anyone has a CLUE when they're going to be hungry at what time and for what?:confused:

I can RARELY decide what I want for dinner till THAT night.

I wish it would go back to the old way of making your reservations the "day of" or the "week of" your arrival. The only exception being parties of something like 10 or more.

This whole ADR 180 days (6 months) is just crazy.

Shucks...a hamster could have a couple of litters in that time.

Thats hillarious and so true. In our house it takes us hours to decide whats for dinner! Planning it so far in advance gives me a headache!

And the thing about the hamster ... priceless :]

JOrdan :]

angedeaile
06-07-2007, 08:31 PM
If you are staying at a disney resort you can make reservations for 180+10 days, meaning that once you've reached the 180th day out from the day you check in you can make reservations for that day plus the following 10 days, so in this case on June 8th you can make reservations for dates from Dec 5th to Dec 15th if your vacation extends that long. I'm not sure why you were able to make ADR's earlier this week but as of tomorrow you will be able to make ADR's for all of your dates.

Ah...that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying!

BTW-The hamster thing is hilarious!

I agreen that 6months is insane, but hey...if I have to schedule that far in advance to eat at a nice place with good food, then I get my butt in gear and figure out what days I want to eat where.

I guess it is a survival instinct :blush:

jsw123
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I know, it's crazy the math you must do! FYI---we're going in July (NEXT MONTH!!!), so I called in January and asked if they would tell me the day I could call and make ADRs and she said she was happy to tell me! I called back that day and they couldn't have been nicer!

Hope you ge to eat everywhere you want! December is a BEAUTIFUL time to go!!! Have a great time!

TiggerRPh
06-08-2007, 02:04 AM
If you're staying on property you should be able to make ADR's for 180 days from your check in date and up to the following 10 days of your stay.

vamaggie
06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
The new Intercot ADR planner will also tell you the date to call. If you enter your arrival date and whether you are staying on prop, it will tell you what is 180 days. This is what I did since when I was getting ready to make mine, I tried to count and got 3 different dates! (not the brightest bulb I guess!!) I love all the helpful stuff here on Intercot!!:number1:

Diznee4Me
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
OK let me throw a wrench in the works here. :confused:

When I called WDW dining at the 185 day mark to ask a few questions, the operator asked me if I was on a AAA package. I told him I was and he said I could start making reservations at 190 days and for up to ten days of my stay. I was able to make all of my reservations at 185 days. This was news to me and he said if I use AAA next year remember to call at 190 days.

So it sounds like different packages may have different specifics and the operators are getting confused.

meldan98
06-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey Roo Girl - I'm doing the Happy Dance this morning!!! :joy: I got CRT for 12/5 for breakfast without any issues. I really hope that you get all the ADR's you want. I'm sorry that you having all these issues.

Roo Girl
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Melissa, that's great news!!!! See! All the frustration paid off in the end. I, too, got the ADRs I wanted. I called today, like a good little doobee, and got the remainder of my requests. How many more days???

Roo Girl
06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
When I called WDW dining at the 185 day mark to ask a few questions, the operator asked me if I was on a AAA package. I told him I was and he said I could start making reservations at 190 days and for up to ten days of my stay. I was able to make all of my reservations at 185 days. This was news to me and he said if I use AAA next year remember to call at 190 days.

Exactly my point on the consistency issues. If there isn't a clear cut procedure, it is confusing for us and for the CMs. We think one thing; they think another and in the process someone gets frustrated. C'est la vie! Glad to hear you got your ADRs though!

crazykids
06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I was confused about this myself. My upcoming tripis in September & we're staying at Poly Concierge - they emailed me a week before my 180 day mark w/ all of my ADRs & their confirmation #s? I didn't understand how that happened, but I wasn't complaining either!:secret:

meldan98
06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
We are at 176!!! We arrive 12/1 for our 5 day land/ 3 day sea DD 4 year birthday and my parents 40th anniversary vow renewal. I am so excited...:D. I'm so happy you got what you were looking for. I was going to post this morning. But, I was just so darned tired, I had to go back to bed.

katzctkpt
06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
My complaint is we've been the last 3 yrs and have tried to get ressies at CRT and have yet to succeed. I don't know if I totally agree with the 180 day adr's you don't know what you may want to eat that day. I like not having a set schedule and w/ ressies you have to plan around it.

atruman
06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Just because you CAN make reservations 180 days out doesn't mean you HAVE to. Yes, for the most popular options, it's a good idea. But I called Tuesday and got dinner for two at Narcoosee's on Sunday night at 7:15. Last week I called day of and got reservations for Nine Dragons for dinner. I know for many of us here on Intercot the idea that we might not get the reservation we want makes us call that far in advance, but really. If you want to play it a little more by ear (so to speak), I think you might be surprised. As long as you aren't trying for the most popular restaurants.

meldan98
06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
When we went in 2000, we arrived Xmas day and were there through New Years. The only ADR I made was for V&A for Xmas Dinner, I don't recall if it was 180 days out or just 90 back then. The rest of the trip we played it by ear and only booked something the morning we left for the parks. I know things have changed a lot since then, but you never know, you might get lucky and still find ADR's.

BrerSchultzy
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
When we went in 2000, we arrived Xmas day and were there through New Years. The only ADR I made was for V&A for Xmas Dinner, I don't recall if it was 180 days out or just 90 back then. The rest of the trip we played it by ear and only booked something the morning we left for the parks. I know things have changed a lot since then, but you never know, you might get lucky and still find ADR's.

DDP has really made this difficult...except in a few cases, this doesn't really work any more. My wife and I went in March, and we tried to get ADRs the morning of (as SOON as they opened), and the only restaurant in MK that had anything at all was the Plaza (which was great)...the CM said there were still ADRs for Nine Dragons, Alfredos and Rose & Crown (for 3:45), and for a couple of resort restaurants. And this was in March. If you want to do the more popular restaurants, you really do need to make your ADRs at least 100 days out anymore.

Oh well....good think we like CS! :thumbsup:

ParkMan
06-11-2007, 11:13 AM
We just got back a week ago and found the same thing.

If you want to ensure a restuarant, you do need ADRs.

In the past, we've always liked to "wing it" and only made a few ADRs. That worked well for us up until this trip.

This time, we made a few as well (CRT & the Biergarten). When we got there, we realized this was a mistake. We got turned away from several restuarants when we attemped to walk up and had very slim pickings when we tried to make ADRs the day before. (Don't get me started about how the DDP has diminished the Disney experience!)

My advise is - if you want to make sure you will get into a restuarant, you need ADRs.

On the bright side, you can still get a lot of wonderful dinners if you can be flexable with your times, don't mind having lunch instead of dinner, and can live without that Le Cellier reserveration!

Next time, we will make more ADRs - if we want to change our mind at the last minute amd cancel an ADR, we can always still wing it!

- Parkman

disneycouple2004
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
OK now let me see if i have this right...
As a DCV member with DDP..i can call in at the 190 day mark and make all of my ADR's for our 7 day trip coming up Dec 22cd ??..:confused:

Roo Girl
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
OK now let me see if i have this right...
As a DCV member with DDP..i can call in at the 190 day mark and make all of my ADR's for our 7 day trip coming up Dec 22cd ??..:confused:

Only if you are staying on property- I'm assuming you are as a DVC member. You can call at 180 days and make ressies for up to 10 days out from that date- does that confuse things? In other words, 180 days from your arrival date of Dec 22nd, you can make all the ressies for that entire trip.

disneycouple2004
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
OK got it now...yes we stay on property..
thanks a million ...i was a bit confused after reading all these posts..and i know if we don't make our ADR's asap we will miss out on some of our favorites !!..

thanks again :thumbsup:

Disneyfirsttimer
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
It is definitely 180 actual days. It isn't from the 5th of one month to the 5th. For your arrival of December 5, your 180 day mark is June 8. If you called that day, you could make all of your ADRs for the trip. I use a PS calculator from another site which allows you to enter the day of arrival and tells you the day you can start calling.

It is confusing though.

Karyn

LoriMistress
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
You should have made ALL of your ADRs when it's exactly 7am! I had to wake up at 3:30am yesterday and this morning to make my ADRs. (I had to call again today first thing in the morning so I can get breakfast at CRT.) It's not joke. I've read people on other sites who called on two phones exactly at 7am and didn't get the reservations they wanted.

LoriMistress
06-12-2007, 09:17 PM
My complaint is we've been the last 3 yrs and have tried to get ressies at CRT and have yet to succeed. I don't know if I totally agree with the 180 day adr's you don't know what you may want to eat that day. I like not having a set schedule and w/ ressies you have to plan around it.

If you want to eat at CRT you have to call exactly on the 180 mark and you have to be calling at exactly 7am. The ressies go out within normally 5-10 minutes. I made my CRT ressies this morning at exactly 7am and I got a 8:20am for 12/9. It's a pain, I know, to call for a ressie that you may not want to go arrive at when you get to the parks--but I want the peace of mind of being able to walk into a restaurant and get a table quickly then to wait in line JUST to get seated.

meldan98
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I can confirm what LoriMistress is saying. I got up at 3:30am and called at 4:00am and as I was making my reservations, my confirm numbers were 30-50 numbers apart and the cast member I spoke to said that there were already 100 people on hold waiting to make their ADR's. I then had to call 4 days later at 4:00am to make my CRT ADR and I got all of the ADR's I wanted. It is a major pain in the rear end, especially for the west coasters.

Hull-onian
06-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I have a Disney timeclock on my desktop. I have it set for our trip. We are 309 days out. We are already picking and choosing the restaurants where we want to eat. Also, we are waiting for the new park hours calendar which I guess, won't be for a while. Chef Mickey's is on our very top of the list. Boma towards the end of our stay. Can't wait. Yum!!!

PAPMOM
06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I was told that even though your on the prop and can call 190 days ahead for ressie, that they only open a few tables. I called at 184 days and could not get in at CRT. Disappointed I made other ressie instead. Called back on 180 days and got my choice of days and times for CRT. So if you don't get it the first time - keep checking!